Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad this was bumped. I was just talking with a fellow reefer about this yesterday. I have 4 hydra 52hds on a 240 gallon. 60 long by 36 wide by 25 high. I want to go with a ati. Either the 60 long 8 bulb or the 48 long. My buddy seems to think with the ati it would be overkill. But I think it would be great. Just haven’t figured out how I would set everything up

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

lazlodawg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been tweaking my lights bit by bit and holy crap. Ever since I added the fixture I have see an explosive amount of growth. Noticeable growth, not just increased 2 part consumption. New SPS (Home Wrecker and Walt Dis) that I put in around a month or so ago are already encrusted. My Monti cap colony gained a richer and deeper color, It went from a "bleh red" to a deep deep red (Example attached). I had a acropora valida (GARF bonsai valida acro) frag from unique that I've had for nearly a year and had absolutely no growth on it what so ever. When I first got the frag it started to encrusted but barely touched the rock and stopped. Didn't see any growth from that frag for nearly an entire year. After installing the lights that frag has doubled in size in the past month and the encrustation has quadrupled in length. It wouldn't grow a centimeter within the past year and now its blowing up and can see 2 new branches starting to form. I have seen more growth in the past month of having the lights compared to the previous 4-6 months before the T5's. I have a big setosa that went from a pale red/white to a vibrant red and my jedi mind trick monti has gained a bright green color as well. Overall everything has changed colors and have gotten much deeper and vibrant. Quite amazing the growth I've seen in the past month.

I've more than doubled my 2 part dosing in the past month compared to what I was dosing before. Now I'm dosing 2.3 times more 2 part than what I was dosing before. It could very well be the Triton method that is providing all of this growth since I installed the lights 2 weeks after starting the triton method. Other than that no other changes besides the lights. It just seems that everyday or so I'm adding more and more 2 part because the tank is just drinking it like steroids. I've been trying to stay at 8-dkh but it seems impossible because everyday I'm increasing the dose and my alk continues to drop. All of the growth came after I installed the supplemental T5 lights.

I'm extremely happy with the light choice I made and the bulb's. I think they are doing a fantastic job. Try the geissman lights, You wont be disappointed. I promise. I'm going to attached the updated AI program to this chat so that anyone who is interested in it can use it.

https://thesurgeagency-my.sharepoin...hEnH9RJNbIOxIBNJq4ahj-XCgRhfQxiYmaSg?e=xa9YXU

View attachment 716624

^^^ Configuration is on point with the bulb config I have ^^^ I followed the same Ratio's that Coral Labs AB+ has but included the waves/rest points. It has been working GREAT with the T5 combo.

I also went ahead and created some diffusers for the Hydra's. Anyone who is interested about the diffusers I created a thread here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/led-light-diffuser-hydra-52-hd.374780/#post-4585343

Check this outView attachment 716626View attachment 716625 View attachment 716627

View attachment 716621
Sorry to necro this old thread, but does anyone have a working link to this settings file? Any help would be appreciated!!

wackyreefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been tweaking my lights bit by bit and holy crap. Ever since I added the fixture I have see an explosive amount of growth. Noticeable growth, not just increased 2 part consumption. New SPS (Home Wrecker and Walt Dis) that I put in around a month or so ago are already encrusted. My Monti cap colony gained a richer and deeper color, It went from a "bleh red" to a deep deep red (Example attached). I had a acropora valida (GARF bonsai valida acro) frag from unique that I've had for nearly a year and had absolutely no growth on it what so ever. When I first got the frag it started to encrusted but barely touched the rock and stopped. Didn't see any growth from that frag for nearly an entire year. After installing the lights that frag has doubled in size in the past month and the encrustation has quadrupled in length. It wouldn't grow a centimeter within the past year and now its blowing up and can see 2 new branches starting to form. I have seen more growth in the past month of having the lights compared to the previous 4-6 months before the T5's. I have a big setosa that went from a pale red/white to a vibrant red and my jedi mind trick monti has gained a bright green color as well. Overall everything has changed colors and have gotten much deeper and vibrant. Quite amazing the growth I've seen in the past month.

I've more than doubled my 2 part dosing in the past month compared to what I was dosing before. Now I'm dosing 2.3 times more 2 part than what I was dosing before. It could very well be the Triton method that is providing all of this growth since I installed the lights 2 weeks after starting the triton method. Other than that no other changes besides the lights. It just seems that everyday or so I'm adding more and more 2 part because the tank is just drinking it like steroids. I've been trying to stay at 8-dkh but it seems impossible because everyday I'm increasing the dose and my alk continues to drop. All of the growth came after I installed the supplemental T5 lights.

I'm extremely happy with the light choice I made and the bulb's. I think they are doing a fantastic job. Try the geissman lights, You wont be disappointed. I promise. I'm going to attached the updated AI program to this chat so that anyone who is interested in it can use it.

https://thesurgeagency-my.sharepoin...hEnH9RJNbIOxIBNJq4ahj-XCgRhfQxiYmaSg?e=xa9YXU

View attachment 716624

^^^ Configuration is on point with the bulb config I have ^^^ I followed the same Ratio's that Coral Labs AB+ has but included the waves/rest points. It has been working GREAT with the T5 combo.

I also went ahead and created some diffusers for the Hydra's. Anyone who is interested about the diffusers I created a thread here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/led-light-diffuser-hydra-52-hd.374780/#post-4585343

Check this outView attachment 716626View attachment 716625 View attachment 716627

View attachment 716621
Hi Jon

Thank you for putting this together in such detail. I know some time has passed and the link to the file no longer works. Any chance you can share this with us again?

Thanks!

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back