Hydra 32 HD lighting help

Jbr2389

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hydra 32 hd on a aio waterbox 25 peninsula and trying to find the best settings for a mixed reef. It seems it may have been to strong, I had zoas closing and torches retracting so I'm hoping to get some help in getting good numbers on the app.
1000002460.jpg

This is my current setup. I had blues as high as 55 and that's when I believe it was too strong. Are my other colors off? Should uv be higher? I'm not sure if it's possible to know if my light is good without par measuring but just hoping for some help. Currently have mostly mushrooms, torches and zoas but plan on sps after the tank matures more.

jcmjoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have hydra 32’s and love them. Mounting height is important. Mine are mounted 14 inches above my tank to get good spread. How high do you have yours mounted? Me personally, I would make sure it’s mounted a minimum of 12 to 14 inches above the water level , then I would put your uv,violet, and both blues to 40 percent or maybe even 35 and leave the others where you have them to start and see how the corals respond.

jcmjoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS TV has great , in depth videos on setting up the hydras and prime HD, it’s worth the watch. Also once you find a setting or look you like, you can increase or decrease the intensity by putting a finger on each side of the settings screen (like the one you pictured) and slide both fingers up or down to increase or decrease all the colors at once. Just remember, once you make an adjustment, leave it be for awhile.

OP
OP
Jbr2389

Jbr2389

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have hydra 32’s and love them. Mounting height is important. Mine are mounted 14 inches above my tank to get good spread. How high do you have yours mounted? Me personally, I would make sure it’s mounted a minimum of 12 to 14 inches above the water level , then I would put your uv,violet, and both blues to 40 percent or maybe even 35 and leave the others where you have them to start and see how the corals
It's at 13 iches so my height seems good. I'll try to slowly up the violet and uv, thanks!

jcmjoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! I also on mine, have a time between say 11 and 3 where I have more white to have like a mid day “full spectrum” but once you get comfortable and find what you and the tank likes you could explore more. It’s easy to over light and bleach out corals with any of the modern LED lights

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back