How Popular Is The Aquarium Hobby In Your Region?

BRS
OP
OP
Cincyreefer513

Cincyreefer513

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having grown up in the Cincy area, what else is there to do? Lol. Go to Jungle Jim's and look at a cursed soup can man?
Come on now, don't be hatin' on Jungle Jim's, that place is awesome! I actually live only a few minutes from there...
There is a fair amount to do around here, but I don't plan to live here forever either. Living in CA for 4 years was a blast while the military paid for it, although I'd never move back there. Aside from that, it's been Cincy the rest of my life so far.

AS

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sparse in Vermont, reefbum lives just over the mountain though.

There used be be a decent club around 2003 to 2014ish. We even had our own website/forum, we broke away from RC in the beginning. Had a couple different presidents until they drifted away, the 2008 recession had some hobbyist bail or move elsewhere. Someone put up a FB page a few years ago, crickets. There are a few people from the region checking in here, but no organization. If you aren't in the Burlington area (rt 89) it is pretty hard to justify driving to see other reefers if you are 2 hours away in the sticks.

Aside from Petco there are only two or three stores that carry SW livestock and one of those is only reef...wwc stock at wwc prices.

There are better stores south in mass/nh depending on which highway you take.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

CowTusks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro Detroit area has quite a few and Preuss Pets in Lansing is always worth the drive. Sadly Seaworld Gardenworld just closed which always had a fun variety and lots of supplies. Pet Connection might be my favorite now but it’s a little bit further from me to be my regular spot.
A few Facebook groups with frag swaps and equipment posted daily. Hard to truly compare as I’ve only reefed here but much better than upstate South Carolina.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Black Label Aquatics
Back