Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized my clowns had spawned! While cleaning the tank today I almost scraped them off the overflow. I have no idea how many days they have been there and actually now realize why they were not coming out from under the return nozzle. I don't think I am ready to attempt this but would love to try! If I can't get everything ready for this batch - how long before they spawn again and then how many days before they hatch? I have been reading everything I can. And THANK YOU for this post and the links! So very helpful.
Wow that's so exciting!! It can be a lot to learn and a lot to buy to get ready in such a short period of time. But luckily if you keep your clowns well fed and happy they should spawn again shortly. Mine seem to lay about 3 days after the previous eggs hatch. The eggs themselves usually hatch from 8 to 10 days after being laid.

Here is a good picture example of the eggs as they mature. They tend to get very silvery right before they hatch.

sanjay1ed.jpg

RaisingKane

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's so exciting!! It can be a lot to learn and a lot to buy to get ready in such a short period of time. But luckily if you keep your clowns well fed and happy they should spawn again shortly. Mine seem to lay about 3 days after the previous eggs hatch. The eggs themselves usually hatch from 8 to 10 days after being laid.

Here is a good picture example of the eggs as they mature. They tend to get very silvery right before they hatch.

View attachment 2925922
WOW. OK this is amazing! Looking at these images---I might be at day 1-2. They are very orange and tiny balls. There MIGHT be time to get something set up and try to raise them. I feel so bad for the little fish who is constantly tending to them - chasing away all the fish and the cleaner shrimp, just to have them all become tank snacks. :)

Salty_Taste

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm truly grateful for this post! I recently re-homed a spawning pair of PNG True Percula Clownfish and have been asking around if there are any threads of documentation.

We appreciate your hard work in creating this thread! I hope to begin this journey over the next year and document my results:
PNG True Percs Spawning Thread
PNG True Perc Spawning Clutch

Attachments

• tempImageVR66EO.png
    tempImageVR66EO.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 34
Top Shelf Aquatics

RaisingKane

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what day I am on because this was a surprise, but the eggs have now turned a dark grey color and have been like that for about two days. I don't see any eyes or silvery refections. Its almost impossible to get a photo due to the location. Thoughts? They are still tending to them 24/7.

OP
OP
Kristopher Conlin

Kristopher Conlin

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what day I am on because this was a surprise, but the eggs have now turned a dark grey color and have been like that for about two days. I don't see any eyes or silvery refections. Its almost impossible to get a photo due to the location. Thoughts? They are still tending to them 24/7.
The silver of the eyes is reflective so if they are in a shaded spot it may be hard to see. When it was getting close to hatch night I would turn off the flow just before lights off and check to see if I saw any fry hatching 15ish minutes after light out by shining a light near the surface. Just be careful not to shine lights in the eggs as it will stop them hatching for a while.

My eggs consistently hatched in day 10 but yours could be different.

RaisingKane

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The silver of the eyes is reflective so if they are in a shaded spot it may be hard to see. When it was getting close to hatch night I would turn off the flow just before lights off and check to see if I saw any fry hatching 15ish minutes after light out by shining a light near the surface. Just be careful not to shine lights in the eggs as it will stop them hatching for a while.

My eggs consistently hatched in day 10 but yours could be different.
OK Thank you! I have been turning all the pumps off after lights out for the last couple nights since they turned grey and checking. I'm sure I may be a few days off. I discovered them earlier this week so I might be only on day 5-6.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

RaisingKane

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get in there and get this video. I can see eyeballs (I think)! LOL

Oh! and my clowns are Frostbite clowns, maybe thats why they are so grey??

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back