how do i know my tank is ready for fish?

demonsloth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a innovative marine 25 gallon lagoon 2 days ago and i know its way to soon to tell but i just need an idea where to look and what to test and where everything should be at, my ammonia is 0.2 nitrite is 0 and my nitrate is around 7-10, i did put in fritzZyme turbo start when i got the tank set up 2 days ago, i had a 55 gallon a couple months ago but didnt go well so im trying my best to make sure this goes well.

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would wait 2 weeks-1 month to put in fish if you want coral id wait a month or 2 for just soft corals

Upvote 0

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a innovative marine 25 gallon lagoon 2 days ago and i know its way to soon to tell but i just need an idea where to look and what to test and where everything should be at, my ammonia is 0.2 nitrite is 0 and my nitrate is around 7-10, i did put in fritzZyme turbo start when i got the tank set up 2 days ago, i had a 55 gallon a couple months ago but didnt go well so im trying my best to make sure this goes well.
Provided you have rock and sand, Wait 5 days total after Fritz, then ready for first fish

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Once tank is cycled, you can add specimens however be aware what is cycled in definition. When ammonia rises then falls and holds a steady reading of Zero for at least 5 days and also nitrate rises and falls and holds at 20 or below- you are cycled.
Did you add ammonia chloride or something to increase ammonia initially before starting the cycle period ?

Upvote 0

aliceb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second waiting 2-3 weeks, unfortunately this hobby does not take kindly to being rushed. What happened with the 55 gallon?

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back