How bad can it get ?

promotheus2070

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When doing my unanounced night check-up at the tank i notice'd a worm and if i gues its a small bristleworm of some sort .
But that was yesterday , today i counted like 5 already , so i think there are many more where i cant see them .
Should i be worried ?
What can i do ?
Any wrasse that can help me out with that since i dont yet own one .

Thanks in advance .

IMG-20241005-WA0007.jpg

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the clearest pic, so I can't be sure. The bristleworms I am familiar with seem to be a little fatter. But perhaps it's just extended. If it is a bristleworm, some people get rid of them and others keep them as part of their CUC. Just don't do work in your sump without gloves. They can get caught up in socks and nail ya if you touch one. It isn't the end of the world, but your fingers/hand will hurt for a good week if it sticks ya!

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When doing my unanounced night check-up at the tank i notice'd a worm and if i gues its a small bristleworm of some sort .
But that was yesterday , today i counted like 5 already , so i think there are many more where i cant see them .
Should i be worried ?
What can i do ?
Any wrasse that can help me out with that since i dont yet own one .

Thanks in advance .

IMG-20241005-WA0007.jpg
Definitely a polychaete (bristleworm); I can't see the head well enough to confirm it, but I suspect that's a Dorvilleid Worm - if so, it'll have four tentacles on the head, and it would be harmless/beneficial (aside from its bristles, which could hurt you if you grab them).

OP
OP
promotheus2070

promotheus2070

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a polychaete (bristleworm); I can't see the head well enough to confirm it, but I suspect that's a Dorvilleid Worm - if so, it'll have four tentacles on the head, and it would be harmless/beneficial (aside from its bristles, which could hurt you if you grab them).
4 tentacles indeed , 2 bigger and 2 smaller ore more narrow middle tentacles

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back