Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fish is about 1 inch long, not 1/10 of an inch long. It is difficult but not impossible to keep.
Your sense of length is so off. I am a small guy, only 5'4" with small hand and my middle finger segment is 1 inch long.

I am sorry that he died, but if they advertise 1 inch and send you that fish, they are not wrong. Perhaps on the smaller size of 1 inch but they are not sending your an 1/10 inch fish.
Agreed! Tenth of an inch is a grain of rice thickness lol.. that poor hippo looked to be about 3/4” long.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

lynn.reef.nerd

Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is why it's hard to trust men when they tell you sizes ....

I also don't buy from saltwaterfish anymore. They sent me a bag of water once. Was suppose to be a mandarin. I still have a pic of an empty bag somewhere.

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, this is my 1 inch fish that I ordered. The color part of the fish is a little less than 1 inch but with the clear tail it come out to just over 1 inch. I have to put him in a fish box and feed him multiple time with shave mysis shrimp because he is too small to eat 1/2 a small mysis shrimp. He did fine and is about 2.5 inch now. I got him just before New Year. I think it was 1/30/2023. I have to pick him up at the airport. Airport to Airport freight shipment. BTW, I was told accurately that the fish will be about 1.25 inches. We had a group shipped for 3 of them. Tiny Australian Tusks don't come cheap. I would not order tiny fish like that without knowing that they are well care for during the whole process.

If you are going to order 1 inch fish, then you should know and prepare to take care of them. They have no margin of error and will starve quickly. That was what happened to your tang. The shape of young fish is not always the same as adult. Their proportion is all wrong. Certain organ, like the eyes will looks way too big. Fins most of the time seem too long. It is unlikely that it is a deformed Tang, just very thin tang.
I love tiny fish and always want to get the smallest animal I can for my aquarium. Small fish required special care throughout the supply chain or else they will not make it.
AAF6C6D1-C697-4DB8-BDE9-0C2B06FB2D33.jpeg

F93AC88D-DF29-4DBA-BAE3-0415DC7C1E90.png

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back