Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Nice tank. It looks like the overflow is already built. Do you just need to hook the tank to the sump or are the pipes in the overflow also missing? You may want to contact the manufacturer to see if they have the plumbing available which would be easier than re-designing it from scratch.

View attachment 2708716
Hi, Yes the pipes are missing. I'm happy to do the pipework myself. I just need to know how the system works. Then I can sort it out. :)

OP
OP
Gnoshious

Gnoshious

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Nice tank. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’
Thanks! I've sent a request to join. Getting info in general is cool from all over the world. But then it comes to places to buy equipment/fish etc... that are trusted, you need to know people locally.

Projects with Sam

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
welcome2.gif

I cannot overstate the good information in this page.

Corals.com

ying yang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to r2r,hope all is well.
Tool station. Or plumb centre or just general hardware store you can get your plumbing from in england.
Can go basic white /blue/orange/black/red or whatever colour you fancy within reason,so just look for colour you want or can get white and paint with a reef safe epoxy or paint, or go for harder more durable schedule 40,type in online plumbing pipes in size you want and lots options,all depends if any plumbing on show if want fancy colours as some like to match their skimmer Colour or yo match a secondary colour on sump to spruce it up some, but basic white generally cheaper and if not bothered what colour it is behind your closed cabinet for sump then white does the job.
If doing your own plumbing draw out a plan for it and do some basic measurements and how many elbows /tees/fitting you need so can buy all at once rather than realising you run out and going back store ir waiting for another delivery ha ha
Don't forget gate valves if needed ( these are easier to dial in ive been told rather than ball valves) and some unions don't go a miss incase need to add on or change or maintenance etc.

Good luck and lots knowledgeable people on r2r if start a thread and pick their brains for any questions that may arise ^_^

One little tip,when water evaporates out of a saltwater tank,the water evaporates but salt stays in tank so only top off with freshwater ( preferable rodi water) and having an ato ( automatic top off device) is very helpful as tops off for you rather than manually doing it as we may forget and salinity rises as water evaporates.
Having a rodi unit yourself is alot easier than buying saltwater from store as if need in emergency which sods law will say its when lfs closed ,you can make your own and know its the right sg etc.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Gnoshious

Gnoshious

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to r2r,hope all is well.
Tool station. Or plumb centre or just general hardware store you can get your plumbing from in england.
Can go basic white /blue/orange/black/red or whatever colour you fancy within reason,so just look for colour you want or can get white and paint with a reef safe epoxy or paint, or go for harder more durable schedule 40,type in online plumbing pipes in size you want and lots options,all depends if any plumbing on show if want fancy colours as some like to match their skimmer Colour or yo match a secondary colour on sump to spruce it up some, but basic white generally cheaper and if not bothered what colour it is behind your closed cabinet for sump then white does the job.
If doing your own plumbing draw out a plan for it and do some basic measurements and how many elbows /tees/fitting you need so can buy all at once rather than realising you run out and going back store ir waiting for another delivery ha ha
Don't forget gate valves if needed ( these are easier to dial in ive been told rather than ball valves) and some unions don't go a miss incase need to add on or change or maintenance etc.

Good luck and lots knowledgeable people on r2r if start a thread and pick their brains for any questions that may arise ^_^

One little tip,when water evaporates out of a saltwater tank,the water evaporates but salt stays in tank so only top off with freshwater ( preferable rodi water) and having an ato ( automatic top off device) is very helpful as tops off for you rather than manually doing it as we may forget and salinity rises as water evaporates.
Having a rodi unit yourself is alot easier than buying saltwater from store as if need in emergency which sods law will say its when lfs closed ,you can make your own and know its the right sg etc.
Hey there
Thanks for the advice really helpful!
I'm planning on drawing up the planes for the pipe this weekend.
Any RODI system that you would recommend? Or what to stay away from?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ying yang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there
I've only ever owned one rodi unit and that's a vyair,not had a problem with it and well built and does the job and very helpful/knowledgeable when ring them up,they even go to trouble of looking up my local water report to see what's in the water,and as mine has chloramines in it,they suggested getting a dual carbon block thing that removes chloramines also ( ovbiously an extra sale for them but they generally same price as just a carbon block.
I've got a 80 g dt so decided on a 4 stage pumped 50gpd rodi unit as do either 5-10 gallon wc every week so 50gpd enough for me
This is the one I got and when first ordered got spare set of pre filters,membrane and di resin and an dual inline tds meter to measure incoming and product water tds at 0 like recommended
And above is some very useful Info on rodi units that you may find helpful.

Last edited:
Corals.com

Jimbhoy13

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there
I have an Osmotics 4 stage 50 gallo per day reverse osmosis system with DI.
pretty good

Corals.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Inkbird
Back