+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

I'm new to marine tank keeping! It's something that I've wanted to do for years. I've kept and still have a tropical tank, but now it's time for a new challenge!
I got a custom reef tank and stump made a few years back and it's been sitting in the living room for years!!!! 5 years. To many other DIY projects around the house. My wife has finally kicked my butt into gear, I do love her!

So now I'm looking at tons of YouTube videos and one suggesed joining this forum. So here I am.

The first hurdle I have is I have a tank and stump, but no plumping. Man, there is so much info out there, but hard to find something that explains the basics. At least for a newbie like me.

If there are any good posts that you can point me to on how to pumb aweir with 3 holes. 2 large and 1 smaller (I'm guessing is for the return) and where to get the stuff from that would be great.

Cheers

IMG_20220612_140915.jpg IMG_20220612_140910.jpg

BRS
Top Shelf Aquatics

Kennya

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

I'm new to marine tank keeping! It's something that I've wanted to do for years. I've kept and still have a tropical tank, but now it's time for a new challenge!
I got a custom reef tank and stump made a few years back and it's been sitting in the living room for years!!!! 5 years. To many other DIY projects around the house. My wife has finally kicked my butt into gear, I do love her!

So now I'm looking at tons of YouTube videos and one suggesed joining this forum. So here I am.

The first hurdle I have is I have a tank and stump, but no plumping. Man, there is so much info out there, but hard to find something that explains the basics. At least for a newbie like me.

If there are any good posts that you can point me to on how to pumb aweir with 3 holes. 2 large and 1 smaller (I'm guessing is for the return) and where to get the stuff from that would be great.

Cheers

View attachment 2708395 View attachment 2708396
The small pipe is likely to be your return from the sump. The two larger pipes, one will be the main return from the tank to the sump the other the emergency overflow. Not sure of links on this site but I used the following guide.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Rick's Reviews

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from Nottinghamshire, do you know aquriam size litres/ gallon, (at a guess 100litres) you can create a nice aquarium , IMO I would look into and ask more questions about sump/cost/maintenance to benefits (depends on what inhabitants you would like to keep, corals/fish/invertebrate/ or all)

So many questions you may have and you have definitely took the right step by asking reef2reef for the answers... Your mind will be blown by the vast amount of expertise you will receive

tharbin

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Nice tank. It looks like the overflow is already built. Do you just need to hook the tank to the sump or are the pipes in the overflow also missing? You may want to contact the manufacturer to see if they have the plumbing available which would be easier than re-designing it from scratch.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Nutramar Foods

Jimbhoy13

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Nice tank. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

OP
OP
Gnoshious

Gnoshious

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The small pipe is likely to be your return from the sump. The two larger pipes, one will be the main return from the tank to the sump the other the emergency overflow. Not sure of links on this site but I used the following guide.

Thanks, this helps!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back