Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of coloring up...I never expected Andrew's to be neon green. I would have expected red by looking at it before. I'm still figuring sps out.
For his pc rainbow? I think the pink comes in higher light, the tips of mine hopefully will reach that intensity as it grows.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40b looks great! Enjoyed the video

Come and work your magic so I can enjoy this auto pilot you speak of
Thank you! Haha I would if I could!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go away sea lettuce! No one wants you here!
A3E7401C-717F-4744-AB35-7AE32F2F5CB4.jpeg

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Signed up for the WWC live sale. This will be my first one. They got me by giving away a free frag if you get the $25 shipping module if you posted a pic of a WWC lineage coral. Hopefully I don’t spend to much! Trying to not break the bank. Trying to get some more acros though. I really need a frag rack if anyone has a used one they’d consider selling. It’s crazy they are $40+ new + shipping. Anyways, WWC Space Invader
FF8B4190-FDC0-4CD0-B0B6-54114A06D7CF.jpeg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the best rack is a home made rack. Any egg crate and an old mag float hanging around?

Every rack Ive bought either had cheap magnets or the holes were smaller than most plugs. Egg crate fits em all.

59AEABDA-8BAE-46B5-A97E-0676776B5DDC.jpeg

More importantly... thats a beautiful piece! I want!!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the best rack is a home made rack. Any egg crate and an old mag float hanging around?

Every rack Ive bought either had cheap magnets or the holes were smaller than most plugs. Egg crate fits em all.

View attachment 1139845
Haven’t tried it with a magfloat that big, but I diy’d one with eggcrate before, it would fall in heavy flow from the weak magnet. I want these but they are on backorder and expensive.
67D74739-F7D3-4A44-8689-1985D07D11B2.jpeg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are definitely nice. Maybe Octoaquatics has something? He makes good stuff. I hate having a rack in the tank so looks generally don't matter to me much. Im all function. Once the Nudi’s do some more work and I can plant these last few frags itll be out.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are definitely nice. Maybe Octoaquatics has something? He makes good stuff. I hate having a rack in the tank so looks generally don't matter to me much. Im all function. Once the Nudi’s do some more work and I can plant these last few frags itll be out.
Nicee. Yea I checked them out, I might do that. I mainly need them short term to remount acros that haven’t encrusted yet. Redo my scape to allow more places high up, then find new spots for my sticks. Also just for general growing out a little bit and healing frags I make.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had to give my urchin back to the lfs. dude was an algae machine but there was no sps frag he could not find and knock over. although he was gone and i found 3 frags on the sandbed after my vacation, so maybe i just suck at gluing.

that orange fungia looks sweet, mine is on the strugglebus. i think it was in too high of flow and has been.. shrinking?

BRS
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had to give my urchin back to the lfs. dude was an algae machine but there was no sps frag he could not find and knock over. although he was gone and i found 3 frags on the sandbed after my vacation, so maybe i just suck at gluing.

that orange fungia looks sweet, mine is on the strugglebus. i think it was in too high of flow and has been.. shrinking?
Lol smart man. Thanks dude, I love this fungia. Yea high flow and sand on them are two things they don’t like. My guy gets totally covered sometimes and I have to go in with a turkey baster and save him. Usually he’s pretty good with getting it off on his own but sometimes it’s to much and he shrinks up hardcore. This guy eats tons of mysis too, not sure if your feeding yours or not. He’s actually looking pretty bad in that pic for how good he usually looks.
Fungia eating yesterday
C7576464-ED76-4E5D-9A1C-11629B8351B4.jpeg

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol smart man. Thanks dude, I love this fungia. Yea high flow and sand on them are two things they don’t like. My guy gets totally covered sometimes and I have to go in with a turkey baster and save him. Usually he’s pretty good with getting it off on his own but sometimes it’s to much and he shrinks up hardcore. This guy eats tons of mysis too, not sure if your feeding yours or not. He’s actually looking pretty bad in that pic for how good he usually looks.
Fungia eating yesterday View attachment 1140432

you know i was doing good feeding mysis to that and my duncans, but kinda got lazy. maybe i should feed him and see if he stops pouting

man my midas blenny loves to cover my tank in sand. i had to do some major regluing today, went to take a shower, and come back to see half the bottom stuff is just covered in sand. poor guy wants a hole to poke himself out of i guess..

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know i was doing good feeding mysis to that and my duncans, but kinda got lazy. maybe i should feed him and see if he stops pouting

man my midas blenny loves to cover my tank in sand. i had to do some major regluing today, went to take a shower, and come back to see half the bottom stuff is just covered in sand. poor guy wants a hole to poke himself out of i guess..
lol, I feel your pain. My new moyers has been stirring up the sand hunting for pods, All my fish attack the sand cloud nabbing food, it’s quite the sight. My coral however has been hating that and it leaves my water cloudy for an hour or two :(

BRS

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man my midas blenny loves to cover my tank in sand
I found this very interesting. My Midas lives in my bare bottom tank and does fine in his main and emergency hidey holes. Most of the day he is out swimming, front and center. I had not considered how his behavior would be different with a sand bed.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this very interesting. My Midas lives in my bare bottom tank and does fine in his main and emergency hidey holes. Most of the day he is out swimming, front and center. I had not considered how his behavior would be different with a sand bed.

heh i actually have a video of it.. lets see if i can find it

i used to have a rock that had a perfect midas blenny sized hole in it, but he stopped using it and it had an aptasia on it so i just took it out. then i put in a rock frag rack type thing..

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/grey-sandbed-frag-rock-reef-rax.html

and he started doing that. took me a bit to realize he was trying to squeeze into one of the frag holes lol. he's pretty fully grown so he didn't fit, kind of a situation of a large cat in a small shoe box type deal. i guess i should bleach that rock with the hole in it and put it back in.. poor guy

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Kessil
Back