Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new food today to. Hakari reef riot, the fish went crazy!! I’ve never seen them so happy! My corals have great pe as well! Big fan of it so far. It made my water super murky but luckily I fed an hour before I carbon dose for the day, dt looks great again.
81B20BD8-A3C3-48E9-88F4-8D152547D63E.jpeg

Giving my sump some fresh air with the windows open too!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alk & ulr hanna tests have become much more consistent now that I soak my vials in rodi water for a few hours after the test to clean. I also orient the vial so the 10ml is always to the front while holding it at the cap putting it in. For phosphate, I tap and fold the packet in half, cut it while folded, use a toothpick to open the foil and loosen the powder. Then I fill the vial, use a cell phone rag for fingerprints, 10ml in my face and zero. Start my 3 minute timer, use the crease and toothpick to get all the po4 powder in, gently flip the vile for 2 minutes, usually have about 40 seconds left to wipe the vial and orient the 10ml to the front. Close it and hold the button for the 3 minute countdown. Makes a difference for sure.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alk & ulr hanna tests have become much more consistent now that I soak my vials in rodi water for a few hours after the test to clean. I also orient the vial so the 10ml is always to the front while holding it at the cap putting it in. For phosphate, I tap and fold the packet in half, cut it while folded, use a toothpick to open the foil and loosen the powder. Then I fill the vial, use a cell phone rag for fingerprints, 10ml in my face and zero. Start my 3 minute timer, use the crease and toothpick to get all the po4 powder in, gently flip the vile for 2 minutes, usually have about 40 seconds left to wipe the vial and orient the 10ml to the front. Close it and hold the button for the 3 minute countdown. Makes a difference for sure.
That’s legit, I’ll have to try that once I get a Hanna, still saliferting. I do the RODI soak.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I back up the alk with a red sea foundation kit. For nitrate, a bit expensive, the nyos test kit has so many color shades, almost precision. Did your emissions follow you inside tonight so the tank needed a breather? I see the cabinet doors open.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I back up the alk with a red sea foundation kit. For nitrate, a bit expensive, the nyos test kit has so many color shades, almost precision. Did your emissions follow you inside tonight so the tank needed a breather? I see the cabinet doors open.
Nice nice. Haha noo just when it’s nice out I like to do that, the water looks a little more static afterwards so I figure it must be doing something, the skimmer seems to make better foam too, and helps get rid of any chaeto smells haha. If my wife didn’t have us get 2 kittens last year I would keep it open 24/7, lol.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like outside or barn cats. Like the movie that they steal your air while you are sleeping. In the 80's, before your time. They are curious little lions.
Lol yes they are.

BRS

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It does..then I forget to check it when the time is up and have to do it all over again. Ugh. I’ve done it so many times. I wish it had a recall button or didn’t turn off unless you push a button. I always start doing a different test and lose it!!

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forget to check it when the time is up and have to do it all over again.

Take a 3 minute break and focus. I'm a go go go go guy, but my tank, my ADD still persists, but I can quell it for each test thankfully. Stay out of my way getting to the calendar to write the number down before I get distracted and forget it though. That makes my jaw clench tightly and elevates my heartrate/breathing. I do get over it quickly though. Easily distracted by a blue eyed female.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a 3 minute break and focus. I'm a go go go go guy, but my tank, my ADD still persists, but I can quell it for each test thankfully. Stay out of my way getting to the calendar to write the number down before I get distracted and forget it though. That makes my jaw clench tightly and elevates my heartrate/breathing. I do get over it quickly though. Easily distracted by a blue eyed female.
+1, lol

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Love it!! And who doesn’t get distracted by that or a brown eyed or green eyes ...

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back