Help me for Acropora.

Shahin bahrami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please look at the picture. The right corner suddenly turned white in less than 24 hours.
What happened to this acromora? Please help me and this Acropora.

20240817_095246.jpg

OP
OP
S

Shahin bahrami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be be RTN (rapid tissue necrosis) brought on by sudden changes or poor water unfavorable water quality.

What are your parameters, how long have you had this coral, and recent changes or tank additions?
It has been in the tank for one month and eleven days. All parameters are in range except potassium. Potassium is 360. Nothing new has been added. I siphoned 10% every ten days.

OP
OP
S

Shahin bahrami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be be RTN (rapid tissue necrosis) brought on by sudden changes or poor water unfavorable water quality.

What are your parameters, how long have you had this coral, and recent changes or tank additions?
Your answer is very valuable to me. I will take measures to improve the water quality.

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not good.

So we've had a couple people all for parameters and all you've said is "all good, potassium is low".
What is all good to you?
Need to know what you tested and what test kits and what your numbers actually are.

That coral is dying.

Tank looks like it's in an ugly phase which suggests it's a new setup. BTW, new setups are typically not good for SPS unless you are a seasoned reefer.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just mentioning this because I've had it happen in every tank I've had sps in. Sometimes a piece will RTN or STN with no explanation that I can find. If this is your first acro then by all means try to figure it out and list your parameters as folks have requested.
I've woke up in the morning to a white stick from RTN on a coral that looked good the night before. Every other coral in the tank is fine. This has probably been the most frustrating part of keeping acros for me. I'm a newb with only 18 months experience tho.

EDIT : the rock looks like this may be a younger tank? I definatly had more losses the first year. The older my tanks become the easier it gets to keep things alive that I couldn't keep early on. I attribute it to the tank maturity thing many new reefers don't like to hear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shahin bahrami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not good.

So we've had a couple people all for parameters and all you've said is "all good, potassium is low".
What is all good to you?
Need to know what you tested and what test kits and what your numbers actually are.

That coral is dying.

Tank looks like it's in an ugly phase which suggests it's a new setup. BTW, new setups are typically not good for SPS unless you are a seasoned reefer.
Setting up aquarium: 7m 26d
this Acro: 1m 12d
Test Kits: Salifert
Light: XR30 G6 Pro
Skimer: Regal 150S
Wave: MLW30 2#
Pump: MDP10000
Balling method
Volume: 425 L

Today Test:
SG:1.025
T: 25.9°C