Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
couple of clowns , trio of yellow assessors , a single blue assessor , a neon goby, tailspot blenny, shrimp goby with pistol shrimp. Pretty sure I had a dwarf angel in there and a flasher wrasse as well. The assessors did not like it at all when I put the flasher in there, if I was doing it over I would go with a possum wrasse instead. Most people say they are too secretive but I had one in my 30 gal with similar stocked fish and once the possum settled in he was always out in full view just cruising the rockwork. I would like to have another but my current fish are far too boisterous for one.
The biggest trick is matching peaceful fish with others likewise , you can go up a bit more in fish attitude just make sure your selections are all the same type or level of behaviour.

AS

Carterfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf lion fish would be awesome. Marine bettas are cool and unique. If you want movement A couple of wrasses could also stand out as they are constantly swimming around the rocks.

Carterfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf lion fish would be awesome. Marine bettas are cool and unique. If you want movement A couple of wrasses could also stand out as they are constantly swimming around the rocks.

Fu Manchu dwarf lion fish. They stand out from average dwarf lion fish and I have only ever seen one at my lfs

AquaCave Logo Banner

topjimmy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of adding some more fish to my 65 too. Currently has two clowns, carpenter wrasse, melanurus wrasse, diamond goby, and a flameback angel.

I've been considering a trio of pajama cardinals, or maybe anthias.
Maybe a fairy wrasse also. I want a little more movement there are a lot of fish that would be great in a 65. Just need to make sure of compatibility.

Marine Iguana

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a different looking fish and you have tons of pods, maybe a dragonface pipefish? They work a lot better in reef tanks than other pipefish/seahorses. A single sunburst anthias would add an interesting burst of color, but need fed multiple times a day. Haven't seen them offered in a while, but a Starkii damsel would be an interesting addition if you plan to keep the tank on the semi-aggressive side- they are generally more peaceful than most damsels from what I've read. Other interesting additions would be a yellow candy hogfish, a pair of whitespot filefish, a leopard wrasse, a dusky jawfish (favorite fish I have, awesome personality and they have iridescent eyes), or a Caribbean sailfin blenny.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Vivid
Back