Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you lost your fish. Copperband can be a tough one.
This is probably the 4th I've lost over the years. The last one survived about 6+ months and mysteriously died. This one lasted 2 months...maybe my tank is anti-copperband.

Nutramar Foods

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably the 4th I've lost over the years. The last one survived about 6+ months and mysteriously died. This one lasted 2 months...maybe my tank is anti-copperband.
Copperbands have a very high 6 month mortality rate in aquariums. I'm pretty much done with them unless I can acquire them direct from Australia. Then, I house them in my coral quarantine tank first, to get them stable and fattened up (being prepared to shift them to an active treatment at the slightest hint of ich or flukes).

Jay

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copperbands have a very high 6 month mortality rate in aquariums. I'm pretty much done with them unless I can acquire them direct from Australia. Then, I house them in my coral quarantine tank first, to get them stable and fattened up (being prepared to shift them to an active treatment at the slightest hint of ich or flukes).

Jay

I feel the same way about Orange Spotted Filefish. I've worked with these fish for years and even developed my own protocol for quarentine, acclimation, and transition to prepared foods.

At one point, I had 4 fat and healthy OSFs. Then over about 6 months lost them all...It's still a mystery to me as to why. I've posted in R2R about these mysterious losses. They typically went from perfectly healthy and fat to having trouble targeting food to dead in less than 2-days. Never lost weight or had any signs on their body. My best guess was poisoning from some incompatible Coral in the tank.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RED SEA
Back