View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
5EC6BED1-20C8-4CE1-A8DE-4A1B014C08C3.jpeg

Heres context. I got my anemone a few days ago. My tank is 4-5 months old. Today, I flipped the rock he was on because he was upside-down in the dark anchored in the same spot for about 3 days. The 2nd pic is him about 20 mins before the first pic. Idk if he is just getting used to the rock flip or not. It is freaking me out and I need help, thank you.

AS

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New anemones often need time, it can take a while to adjust to your system and to new lighting. If it was under a rock for a few days and now in the bright light of a new system it's going to be upset. Just try to keep things stable and it should settle in eventually

OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave anemones alone is the best practice. They will find a happy spot (but maybe not yours) Your tank is a little to new to be stable enough for an anemone. Usually 6 months is the line. but good luck.
Was it a bad decision to flip the rock? I know they thrive on lighting, so I just didn’t want it to die.

Nutramar Foods

sprungson

Anemone Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New anemones often need time, it can take a while to adjust to your system and to new lighting. If it was under a rock for a few days and now in the bright light of a new system it's going to be upset. Just try to keep things stable and it should settle in eventually
Spot on

Nutramar Foods

sprungson

Anemone Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave anemones alone is the best practice. They will find a happy spot (but maybe not yours) Your tank is a little to new to be stable enough for an anemone. Usually 6 months is the line. but good luck.
6 months is just a arbitrary date. You just need the right conditions and stability.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 months is just a arbitrary date. You just need the right conditions and stability.

No, not really 6 months is the date to start looking if your tank is staying stable. Personally i'd wait a year,
Dylan, let us know if you anemone is still alive in 6 months...thanks

sprungson

Anemone Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, not really 6 months is the date to start looking if your tank is staying stable. Personally i'd wait a year,
Dylan, let us know if you anemone is still alive in 6 months...thanks
I disagree. I added a carpet a BTA after 2 months in and have double in sized 12 months later.

OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree. I added a carpet a BTA after 2 months in and have double in sized 12 months later.
With my experience so far, I do not listen to people who say to wait for an “established” tank for ones who “need it.” I have a butterfly fish and a koran angelfish and you know how stressed it is how you need a big tank and an established tank to own them. They are doing perfect and are extremely happy in my 65 gallon along with my clownfish, royal gramma, and mandarin.

CLICK TO VIEW

sprungson

Anemone Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my experience so far, I do not listen to people who say to wait for an “established” tank for ones who “need it.” I have a butterfly fish and a koran angelfish and you know how stressed it is how you need a big tank and an established tank to own them. They are doing perfect and are extremely happy in my 65 gallon along with my clownfish, royal gramma, and mandarin.
Exactly. <3

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may just be expelling waste and not be having a issue at all I have one that’s bigger then my face that goes down to the size of a penny and puts out a huge pellet of poop

OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may just be expelling waste and not be having a issue at all I have one that’s bigger then my face that goes down to the size of a penny and puts out a huge pellet of poop
How long does it take for it to poop? Because its been getting worse ever since I posted this thread.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had corals and nems in the same day I put water in a tank I did cycle outside bactera In a bio brick so it never went to build up of ammonia. What it seems to me is established tanks really means consist don’t have swings and you are fine

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back