+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef, and to the hobby!
To start, I would get a tank of at least 30 gallons, preferably 50, just because it's big enough to stay stable for corals if you ever decide to keep them, but water changes won't be expensive. With your background in planted tanks and shrimp, it could be cool to see you try a macroalgae display tank, essentially a freshwater planted tank. But keep in mind, many corals can be compared to plants in one way or another, as several are indestructible and several others are less so.

I cant wait to see your progress, keep us posted! Good luck and God bless you!

OP
OP
S

SimplyNotMe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef, and to the hobby!
To start, I would get a tank of at least 30 gallons, preferably 50, just because it's big enough to stay stable for corals if you ever decide to keep them, but water changes won't be expensive. With your background in planted tanks and shrimp, it could be cool to see you try a macroalgae display tank, essentially a freshwater planted tank. But keep in mind, many corals can be compared to plants in one way or another, as several are indestructible and several others are less so.

I cant wait to see your progress, keep us posted! Good luck and God bless you!
Let me think about the tank size, understand the larger the better. I have some basic understanding about the freshwater plants but corals would definitely be another level. Will have to study more about it before deciding if I wanna keep em'.
Water changing is not an issue, I have my own DIY RODI water kit, will mix them well before pouring into the tank.

certainly will post an update when the time comes! =)

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
S

SimplyNotMe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W
Hi fellow Malaysian... MCO is a necessary bummer, but give us more time with our tanks!
Will certainly visit the place you mentioned earlier, thanks for the heads up and meanwhile, do share more of your experience! =)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
S

SimplyNotMe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all!
Please allow me to ask one stupid question, can I keep a marine tank in a room that's filled with freshwater tanks? Ahha! please pardon my ignorance, I tried looking up for this but there was no similar question like this.

Am just afraid of the contradicting smells produced may clash with each other.

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back