Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful raising your phos and nitrate since your algae is consuming at least some and giving you a zero reading
I haven’t touched either for that reason just water changes that may adjust any of that. Was just wondering if they’re anything to get the green that’s on the glass as stated above gotten through the sand and rock uglies this seems to be the only thing lingering at the moment. Thank you for the response.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Seansea

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run your fuge lights 24/7 for a while until your chaeto starts to show good growth. I prefer an algae scrubber myself as its tough for anything to outcompet nasty hair algae. Once yourbchaeto takes holdbthe algae in your display will wane.

Nutramar Foods

Rick's Reviews

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn down intensity of white lights, to at least half or even less, looks like your cuc is doing best for you on your glass (your picture) but they can only eat so much.
I would turn down lights in my opinion :)

AS

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to scrape the glass daily, even doing that it starts to show again within an hour probably less. Everything else is algae free but this algae on the glass.
Sorry that I can’t help.

Your observations above leads me to think that you have a single cell algae that is highly mobile. When you scrape the glass it might like chasing a flock of pigeons. Gone one minute, back again in another.

The fact that they only like to occupy the glass is interesting. I bet if there was a way to vacuum them off the glass, your problem would be over. I wonder if UV would end their existence. Your system is still very knew and might nit have a predator for this algae.

Good luck.

Garf

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, if I want to keep the glass clean I could scrape it 2-3 times a day.
I think that’s exactly what you should be doing and let it flow into some fine mechanical filtration, then remove it. You’ll find that less and less will come back until a daily quick swipe is enough.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Xavier434

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, let's talk lighting. Set it for 8 hours. Only blues and violets. No reds, greens, or whites of any kind.

Second, while I understand it isn't cheap, get the UV. Not just for this algae, but having one is going to reduce disease in your tank by a lot. Fighting disease is often very expensive and stressful and can take a very long time. Don't do this to yourself or your fish. Once you get one, you want the flow into it to be very slow. Not so slow that it isn't constantly filled with water, but the longer the water is exposed to the UV the more effective it is at killing the bad stuff. Too much flow means it may hardly work at all.

Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back