Has Your Tank Ever Crashed?

JustTechWriter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How long was it on the tank?
Throw in GAC if you haven't. Could be grease/oil from the bearings.
Did you do a large water change?
I think it was in the tank for a few hours because I woke up to it. Threw in some Phosban (Is that GAC?) and did a 20 percent water change. I will do another 20 percent tomorrow. I unfortunately live in an apartment and cant keep more than 10 gallons of water at a time on hand.

Tommy's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Heater failures 2 times
And nopox dosing the correct way crashed my tank, redsea told me it could of been a bad batch!
Also 20 gallon nem tank came home nem in powerhead shredded up destroyed tank lol

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW this isn’t a bad thread per se but more benefit to me would be a list of tanks over 10yrs old that didn’t crash
My reef is 53 years old and has never crashed. It came close a couple of times where I lost a lot of livestock but those were all stupid accidents or experiments on my part.

I don't remember be doing anything that stupid in maybe 40 years.

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it was in the tank for a few hours because I woke up to it. Threw in some Phosban (Is that GAC?) and did a 20 percent water change. I will do another 20 percent tomorrow. I unfortunately live in an apartment and cant keep more than 10 gallons of water at a time on hand.
Phosban is for removing phosphates.
So, remove that and get some Granular Activated Carbon.
Check your phosphate level now and 24 hours later also, and make sure it didn't go to zero.

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And nopox dosing the correct way crashed my tank, redsea told me it could of been a bad batch!
I call BS if redsea said that. They know what's in the bottle and it doesn't go bad.
There instructions at one time where bad and I wrote them to tell them why. It was easy to overdose. They are different now.

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not fully, but it felt like it came close. There was instability with the parameters and knee-jerk reactions to correct the unstable parameters.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back