Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CEReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must be really lucky or have a technique to get the Probe to survive for a whole year. It would be cool if you posted your methods so that others could also get a longer life out of their probes.
The first probe lasted 2-3 months, the second was DOA, the third (Version 15 or 16, I honestly don’t remember) has been on for almost a year. I just followed the instructions, and test once a day.
IMG_1811.png

IKD

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first probe lasted 2-3 months, the second was DOA, the third (Version 15 or 16, I honestly don’t remember) has been on for almost a year. I just followed the instructions, and test once a day.
View attachment 3093966
Wow, your sensor is still showing 100% still after a year? Hopefully this new version will give that benefit to everyone.

could you share how often you need to replenish the reference solutions with testing once a day? I see they offer reference solution A, B, and a multi reference solution. Do you use all 3?

Ales

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, your sensor is still showing 100% still after a year? Hopefully this new version will give that benefit to everyone.

could you share how often you need to replenish the reference solutions with testing once a day? I see they offer reference solution A, B, and a multi reference solution. Do you use all 3?
  • I am also interested in it

IKD

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 50 days on A and B. The multi reference is just to double check the readings are correct (like the 7.5 dkh reference for the KHD)
Thanks! So one should plan around 7-8 refills (~$400-450’ish USD) per year for A and B. Do you think the multi-reference is really needed?

IKD

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the multi reference just to see how good it was, up to you. Definitely it’s not cheap but it’s worth it, I’d never test if it was up to me.
This was definitely my plan when I was setting up my tank, but that was in 2021. Besides the addition of testing nitrate, the allure of no reagents had me on board. Didn’t realize until recently that ‘reference solutions’ replace reagents and appear to cost more at current prices. Hopefully this thing gets to full production in the next year or so and we can get some competition/options for fellow reefers.

CEReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the main issue is producer they outsourced production of the probes to.

They agreed to a standard but couldn’t realistically deliver it, unfortunately when you trust suppliers and have no quality control on site these things may happen. I.e. apple has QC agents in their suppliers production plants, but GHL is a small company, they can’t realistically afford to pay someone sitting in another country just to do QC on a single kind of probe.

Obviously people get upset gor not having the IOND, but I believe GHL isn’t in a funny position at all and also probably lost tons of money, between changing probes for free (think 15 versions o_O) and lost customers

IKD

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Black Label Aquatics
Back