Happy Election Day! Elect your next reef food and WIN!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ctenophore

ctenophore

Avast Justin
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh I remember this. I think i saw a post on RC about an automatic frozen food feeder that was in the works. Too bad that didn't work out.
In a way, it did- we learned that correctly feeding freeze-dried food yields the same attractant and nutritional benefits of frozen, but without the mess of dealing with ice and water. I haven't had to mess with frozen food (and all the expense and work that goes along with it) for many years now. It's hard to imagine going back to dealing with it.

I was recently asked about tangs and whether I supplement any other seaweed or nori besides Jerky. There are three types of seaweed cut into little flakes (1/8”-1/4” size) in Reef Jerky. It’s about 10% of the mix. I don’t supplement nori. My tangs graze on a few little patches of red furry algae in my tank (luckily I don’t have the red wiry kind) but besides that, they get Jerky exclusively. My old powder blue that I've had since 2010 or so looks perfect with that deeper blue coloration you see on wild PBTs vs the washed-out light blue look that some get in captivity. He's been getting Jerky exclusively since 2016 or 2017. I'll try to get a good pic of him.

OP
OP
ctenophore

ctenophore

Avast Justin
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my next idea for a great reef food....freeze dried and ground up politicians? They have to be good for SOMETHING
Only the detritivores. I think anthias would be too picky!

unchaotic

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my next idea for a great reef food....freeze dried and ground up politicians? They have to be good for SOMETHING
Reef Jerky - Now with Soylent Green!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back