Green Garden Eel in 100g tank?

sunshinesea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, can I keep one green garden eel in mixed reef 100g tank with 3 inch sand bed and 3 tangs, 1 wrasse and some anthias? I don’t have a lid, are they jumpers? What’s the biggest challenge with this type of eel(?)? Thank you in advance.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, can I keep one green garden eel in mixed reef 100g tank with 3 inch sand bed and 3 tangs, 1 wrasse and some anthias? I don’t have a lid, are they jumpers? What’s the biggest challenge with this type of eel(?)? Thank you in advance.
There are a lot of people here who keep garden eels. I dont, I keep morays. But when I was researching these guys when I considered keeping them I found two big things they need: DEEP sand bed and they dont do well alone, they need more that one eel. :)

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fishfreak2009 has a build on them

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need more sand, 6" + to do well, they need a tight lid, will be very stressed by fish like tangs. Super shy, need frequent feedings (minimum twice daily) with frozen food. They are also communal and do much better in groups.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back