Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been reorganizing my aquarium stand. I felt like the sump needed a cleaner look. I was thinking of going for the Fiji-30 Advanced Reef Sump. It has a nice look to it and has a fuge chamber. The problem with the sump is that I have a fleece roller, but I might be able to get it into the sock chamber with some modifications. Does anyone have this sump? How big is the sock chamber exactly? Also is the sock holder glued in? Another thing I'm worried about is will this cause another cycle? I have lots of media that I can easily transfer to the new sump and a refugium with some live rock and cheato that I can move too. My current sump is 48 inches in length and the Fiji is 30 inches in length, I will be losing 18 inches of water. Will this cause any problems? While I'm at it, I am going to change my soft plumbing to hard plumbing. Any suggestions of what I should do or suggestions on sumps. I kind of like the look of the cubed sumps. Thank you.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/fiji-30-advanced-reef-sump-2nd-gen-fiji-cube.html

Top Shelf Aquatics

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump...

I don't think you will have a problem with another cycle occuring as long as the main tank is still established.

A change of 18" of water capacity shouldn't have a major impact unless you have automatic dosers setup to dose specific amounts that worked for 18" more water capacity (not sure how many gallons this will translate to....but that can be calculated easily enough). You might just need to watch your parameters a little more closely at the beginning.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
JumpingFlea

JumpingFlea

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another question, my tank is drilled with an internal overflow with two 3/4” holes and a 1 1/2” hole between them. Would a 3/4” Herbie overflow and a 3/4” inch emergency work? Or should I do a 3/4” overflow and the emergency 1 1/5” next to each other?

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back