Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has a cover on top so i cant use lights that attach to the rims of the tank and light over the tank it has attach to the underside of the lid or the rim of the tank under the lid. so is there any good cheap light options for something like this?

pshootr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lid is not glass it is a plastic black lid so i need something that can attach to under the lid
Well it depends on the light kit I guess but some of them I have seen actually sit on the exterior edge of the tank so your lid really wouldn't affect it's performance

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fishywishy

fishywishy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure there are lids or screens, which are designed for both rimmed tanks and rimless tanks this would be the question
The lid of the tank is completely black so light can go through it, so the light has to be under the lid, either attached to the underside of the lid or maybe to the rim under the lid. i know there are lights that sit on the rim but i cant use those in this situation because those lights go over the lid and shine down into the tank and i dont want to get a diffrent lid like a glass lid because i dont like the way it looks.

Upvote 0

pshootr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lid of the tank is completely black so light can go through it, so the light has to be under the lid, either attached to the underside of the lid or maybe to the rim under the lid. i know there are lights that sit on the rim but i cant use those in this situation because those lights go over the lid and shine down into the tank and i dont want to get a diffrent lid like a glass lid because i dont like the way it looks.
I'm not sure how you expect to implement a light underneath of the lid. What material is your lid made from? And exactly how is it resting on your tank? Can you show a picture?

Upvote 0

pshootr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For example I have a t5 unit from wave point. It's an old unit but the legs are seated on the outer edge of the tank not inside the rim. I believe most of the units today are still mounted in the same fashion.

Upvote 0

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s plastic and it rest on the rim of the tank

We need a photo as we have no idea the size/clearance of the space nor do we know if it is fully enclosed. Some leds will burn out and others can not be mounted too close to the water.

It may be easier to just replace the lid. However we need to see what you mean as perhaps it is a canopy, idk.

Upvote 0

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For example I have a t5 unit from wave point. It's an old unit but the legs are seated on the outer edge of the tank not inside the rim. I believe most of the units today are still mounted in the same fashion.

He is saying the lid is all black. Think like a biocube lid. We need a pic to see what it is.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fishywishy

fishywishy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need a photo as we have no idea the size/clearance of the space nor do we know if it is fully enclosed. Some leds will burn out and others can not be mounted too close to the water.

It may be easier to just replace the lid. However we need to see what you mean as perhaps it is a canopy, idk.
It’s not this exact one but it looks like this
3B5197D4-7B88-473F-9138-C3263A7284A3.jpeg

Upvote 0

pshootr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah very good point. I was assuming this is a light that goes from side to side across the tank but if it's a different mounting system then that totally changes everything.

Upvote 0

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not this exact one but it looks like this View attachment 2958518

The things I know off the top of my head are not made anymore.

If you are talking a light for corals then the led lights available will not fit or are not water proof or will burn up as they need air to dissipate heat.

Ditch the lid imo.

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back