Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found out the store is open today. I need some opinions. Would it be better to return it? Does lfs usually care for sick fish? If so, it is better off in their hands.
I would certainly just try to treat it. Here is a thread by Humblefish: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/popeye.305090/
It's only in one eye, but it should give you an idea for treatment. I stand corrected about the flukes; I didn't know eye flukes existed. But you say there was nothing in the dip, so I doubt it now. I would treat with epsom salt and antibiotics if you're ABSOLUTELY sure there was nothing in the dip.

Corals.com

Eric1493

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that this helps.
I’m gone fishing but I’ll be back

Thanks for all your help. So I got a real good picture of him here. And both of his eyes are like that. So, I'm using your idea of quarantine but I dont have a heater or any equipment. So I am hanging a plastic cup thing on the side of my tank in the water. Is this fine for the goby? I plan on dumping out the cup water every night and adding tank water into it.

Eric1493

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all your help. So I got a real good picture of him here. And both of his eyes are like that. So, I'm using your idea of quarantine but I dont have a heater or any equipment. So I am hanging a plastic cup thing on the side of my tank in the water. Is this fine for the goby? I plan on dumping out the cup water every night and adding tank water into it.
I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Could you buy a 5-gallon bucket? That could work as a quarantine. What is the temp of your room? If it's 70-80, it should be fine to not use a heater if you allow the temp to gradually drop. Make sure you know the number of gallons in the bucket for med dosing. Dose the Epsom salt and the antibiotics. And don't forget to dose the prime to neutralize the ammonia.

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add the picture. So i should take him out?

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 11.23.43 AM.png

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its like one of those cups they put the betas in. And i thought this would be more convenient because if it were in a bucket, I would have to mix a lot of saltwater everynight and then acclimate it to that temperature.

Eric1493

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its like one of those cups they put the betas in. And i thought this would be more convenient because if it were in a bucket, I would have to mix a lot of saltwater everynight and then acclimate it to that temperature.
Do you have the antibiotics yet? You can dose the Epsom salt into the tank now, it might even help the corals.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I got my YWG 4 days ago and off the bat he wasn't acting too normal. I thought he was just shy. But he just sits in his cave and the 2nd day I noticed he had some loose tissue on his lips. 3rd day, he had pale spots on his cheeks, and now today, his eyes are foggy and enlarged. I ordered some Melafix by API and its coming today. Is there anything I can do for him? I don't have a quarantine tank and everything else in my tank is fine. Parameters are ideal as well.
I would believe that it is flukes. Eyes become cloudy and skin can have white spots at around day 4, and can spread to the whole body. QT the YWG and treat it with meds. Happy Reefing ;)

CLICK TO VIEW
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the spots are less blue than they should be something aint right. Also, is the cup freshwater? Because the fish should only be in freshwater max 4 mins

No its from my tank. Just seperating the water. He may be blind... I touch tap the glass to see and hes unresponsive.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No its from my tank. Just seperating the water. He may be blind... I touch tap the glass to see and hes unresponsive.
Yeah he may be. Im not too sure if they can recover from blindeness. Irdk. I would definetly put the goby in a QT. Maybe call your LFS and see what they would recommend or ask [HASH=1]#reefsquad[/HASH] . Hope the goby gets better dude

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he may be. Im not too sure if they can recover from blindeness. Irdk. I would definetly put the goby in a QT. Maybe call your LFS and see what they would recommend or ask [HASH=1]#reefsquad[/HASH] . Hope the goby gets better dude

If it is blind, do i have to euthanize it? It cant find food right?

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is blind, do i have to euthanize it? It cant find food right?
I dont know. Itd be a shame to put such an animal down. Ive never done that :( Try and feed it by waving food in front of it. I would just QT the fish for some time and if i doesnt get better, maybe :(

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Bulk Reef Supply
Back