GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The design look of the P4 combined with the reliability and new upgrades made this a no brainer IMO. And now a wall mounted touch screen, with revelutionaly probes on the way?!

Yeah, sign me up.

Robthorn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't blame you. I have to make sure I don't trash too much incase I can't deal with my new surroundings. Lol

I was talking to a friend about the programming and all I could relate it to is a man at the grocery store. No idea how the store is laid out so he goes to isle 5 and then 16 and then 1 and then 9 and then 5 again. It doesn't seem to flow to me yet. After so many years of 1 way I just need to adjust. I am used to just telling my controller to wipe my butt and it does. ;-)

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't blame you. I have to make sure I don't trash too much incase I can't deal with my new surroundings. Lol

I was talking to a friend about the programming and all I could relate it to is a man at the grocery store. No idea how the store is laid out so he goes to isle 5 and then 16 and then 1 and then 9 and then 5 again. It doesn't seem to flow to me yet. After so many years of 1 way I just need to adjust. I am used to just telling my controller to wipe my butt and it does. ;-)

I get it :)

Dumaurier7

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Like anything new, teething and a familiarization period is expected but from what i've seen so far it nowhere close to APEX when it comes to programming complexity (I did all the programming on my APEX on my own).

Robthorn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seeing the same thing so far. I am not positive yet because I am still messing with it.
Growing pains is what I am assuming right now.
I like being able to tell the controller to go do something I want it to. Going to be tough figuring out the can here.

fredro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reality of it, at least to me, seems to be that HABIT is always going to supersede LOGIC in most instances. If none of us had any experience with programming or coding and we were handed one of each of the "top" controllers on the market and given a brief run-through of how to use it, we may have a different idea of what is "logical" or "intuitive" programming, compared to if we were initially given a single option that we were forced to learn... and then switch to another method.

Hope this makes sense.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is super easy to adjust the settings in a ProfiLux controller. Just forget "programming and coding".

Example: enter the temperature you want to have, go to the socket you want for the heater and select function "you are heater"

That's it.

If you read the manual (yes, I think it is worth to browse through it a bit ...), especially the first pages, this concept is explained quite well:

- first define your function (temp., pH, light, pump, whatever)
- then choose the hardware (socket, 1-10V, level) and assign the function

"You 1-10V-interface are now my pump 7"

Can't explain it more simple.

d2mini

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No THAT is a sexy controller. :)

So excited, I had to take a pic! :D
i-K4ZX4vw.jpg

Mortie31

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First problem encounted the display is in German and no instructions on how to change the language, anyone know where I can find it? the online instructions don't tell you any of the basics, how to set up wifi, change the language etc...

d2mini

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have access to GCC at the moment to refresh my memory but right on the profilux you can click the right arrow, then scroll down to extras, then click up once and select "sprache" (sp?) which means language, then select english and then click "ja".
I think thats all the steps.

It's a little easier in GCC though. ;)

BCSreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First problem encounted the display is in German and no instructions on how to change the language, anyone know where I can find it? the online instructions don't tell you any of the basics, how to set up wifi, change the language etc...

File should be attached.

Attachments

• ProfiLux-4-Programming-Guide-V7.02.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,180

Mortie31

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have access to GCC at the moment to refresh my memory but right on the profilux you can click the right arrow, then scroll down to extras, then click up once and select "sprache" (sp?) which means language, then select english and then click "ja".
I think thats all the steps.

It's a little easier in GCC though. ;)

Thankyou I found it on the sticky how to set up your profilux 3, it's still the same... one thing I don't get with these manufacturers why don't they supply proper step by step instructions, that start from the beginning with the basics time, wifi, sensors and what to expect when you turn it on for the first time, mines flashing Red with various prob errors... some explanation would help.. not a happy bunny so far..

Mortie31

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Page 42 of the programming guide - "If ProfiLux 4 is set to German, this menu appears under Extras-> Sprache. Select this option to change the language."

Thank you, I'm going to put this thing aside until the weekend when I have plenty of time and patience, as a complete controller newbie I think I'm going to need it lol...

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back