GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Robthorn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine today in the UK.

Take care not to poke a hole in your router for port 80 for external access just yet. The inbuilt web server is not up to scratch. It happily displays your wifi SSID and passcode in the open for all to see and there is no password control!!

Hopefully things will change with new firmware as I like the web page access on my old Profile 3 - given MyGHL is so flaky.

Thorne
Well this isn't good news at all. Hopefully they fix that security issue soon.

I guess they are out of white ultimate kits. 11/23 I paid and no shipping notification. Hopefully the next go around.

Last edited:

fredro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed my order for the Ultimate bundle in white on 2/08 and received my shipping notification today. Order #1456. Projected delivery date of 2/15.

Honestly figured first incoming shipment would be sold out and I'd be waiting a bit...

I think that the ultimate bundle was less popular than the Mega Set, due to the increased price for the optional screen, which is why I'm guessing that there were more Ultimate sets available for longer. Assuming that the sets come prepackaged in a set and that GHL shipped a selection of both variations of the sets and basic controller itself. Just my thoughts.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine today in the UK.

Take care not to poke a hole in your router for port 80 for external access just yet. The inbuilt web server is not up to scratch. It happily displays your wifi SSID and passcode in the open for all to see and there is no password control!!

Hopefully things will change with new firmware as I like the web page access on my old Profile 3 - given MyGHL is so flaky.

Thorne

Hi Thorne, thanks for pointing this out.
Yes, the webserver has right now only the function to change the WiFi settings and to do updates for the webserver.
This will be changed in the next weeks, new functions will be added one after the other in the next weeks.

Thorne Jamieson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Thorne, thanks for pointing this out.
Yes, the webserver has right now only the function to change the WiFi settings and to do updates for the webserver.
This will be changed in the next weeks, new functions will be added one after the other in the next weeks.

Thanks Matthias - looking forward to seeing this grow.

You guys at GHL really have your work cutout with all the new products - new Mitras, new Profile, new clusters for the old Mitras LX6 series and the much anticipated alkalinity monitor!!! Keep going!

Thorne

Robthorn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed my order for the Ultimate bundle in white on 2/08 and received my shipping notification today. Order #1456. Projected delivery date of 2/15.

Honestly figured first incoming shipment would be sold out and I'd be waiting a bit...
Hopefully this means mine shipped and they just missed my notification since my order was a couple months earlier. It will be a nice surprise if it just shows up. :)

Robthorn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awwww too bad I can't edit my previous posts. I got an email notification for my white Ultimate kit to be delivered the 13th. I was looking at the wrong email account. Maybe I am too stupid to program this thing. Lol
Please disregard anything I say. :)

fredro

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see everyones excitement! I assume there is a user manual in the box, unless it's online. I like online manuals [emoji5]

Pretty sure there's an entire section on the GHL website with all manuals, firmware versions and any other material, like copies of the material that comes in the box itself when you first buy it new.

reefwiser

LMAS
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

RED SEA
Back