Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any more feedback from those who have received it? It seems that a big complaint about frozen feeders is that food gets stuck and doesn't pass through the holes. I'm wondering how it works in this regard.

Thanks
T

AquaCave Logo Banner
Nutramar Foods

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any more feedback from those who have received it? It seems that a big complaint about frozen feeders is that food gets stuck and doesn't pass through the holes. I'm wondering how it works in this regard.

Thanks
T
I threw a whole cube of mysids.... 1 shrimp had to be basted out.

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks
T
I tried mine yesterday for the first time. I feed a homemade frozen sea food mash and PE mysis. Both foods just floated in the container. I ended up having to poke them around to get the cubes to seperate then the food just kinda sunk to the bottom and lay there. I had to shake the feeder to get the food to go out. I had the cups lined up so all holes were aligned. I'm going to pick up some frozen brine shrimp just to see how it works with that before leaving a review but to be honest for my purpose it isn't going to work.
I see one video review saying it worked great but they were putting pellets in :thinking-face:

OP
OP
IOAOI

IOAOI

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried mine yesterday for the first time. I feed a homemade frozen sea food mash and PE mysis. Both foods just floated in the container. I ended up having to poke them around to get the cubes to seperate then the food just kinda sunk to the bottom and lay there. I had to shake the feeder to get the food to go out. I had the cups lined up so all holes were aligned. I'm going to pick up some frozen brine shrimp just to see how it works with that before leaving a review but to be honest for my purpose it isn't going to work.
I see one video review saying it worked great but they were putting pellets in :thinking-face:
Did you try the tube with six water inlet holes on the side? The water flow will be much larger.

Projects with Sam

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did you try the tube with six water inlet holes on the side? The water flow will be much larger.
I put mine in the path of a powerhead and had to close it down a little.

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beleive I had the 3 slotted one on top. I'll try the 6 hole on top tomorrow and maybe a higher flow area as well

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beleive I had the 3 slotted one on top. I'll try the 6 hole on top tomorrow and maybe a higher flow area as well
I tried it today and it worked well. I also moved it so it would get a little flow from my return nozzles. I tried it using the larger PE mysis and am happy to report that every piece made it into the tank.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Projects with Sam

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I tried it today and it worked well. I also moved it so it would get a little flow from my return nozzles. I tried it using the larger PE mysis and am happy to report that every piece made it into the tank.
awesome! save me the time / effort of making the video I was just about to use as a procrastination tactic... :(
now I need to actually go do something productive...

Projects with Sam

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
oops!

if you're wondering how I got so much flow from across a two foot tank, I'm using one of my soon to be released products, the ParlaNoz!

Nutramar Foods

Aaron75

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing works pretty well, haven't had any food stay stuck except for maybe some small pieces. A little too big for my nano though. I was also able to use it for a make shift critter container
20230523_075641.jpg
20230523_075659.jpg

Aaron75

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried to buy one. As op suggested I searched for his product on Amazon using "IOAOI frozen fish food feeder". It returns every thing but his product. Shame too, I actually wanted one and was willing to buy it.
Per op, I searched "fish feeder" and as of right now, it is 18 items down.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
IOAOI

IOAOI

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried to buy one. As op suggested I searched for his product on Amazon using "IOAOI frozen fish food feeder". It returns every thing but his product. Shame too, I actually wanted one and was willing to buy it.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back