Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anybody had this experience I dosed fluc 5 days ago and whalla at day 4 see rapid die off, I had a mixture of bryopsis and hair. Bryopsis dying quicker. But many hair algae spots have turned reddish. Upon closer look it looks like cyano or Dino’s are covering it. I am assuming they are taking up the dying nutrients but did not see much written on that. Also I did have one acro completely RTN literally overnight. But I think that is an indirect cause as 2weeks earlier I I overdosed nopox and nitrates bottomed out. And are still low even with the die off. I seem to go from a stable high nutrient system to low nutrient system rapidly. I used to dose nopox heavily now almost nothing. Just complete chemistry change due to the one overdose. Anyhow. Any experience of cyano or Dino’s covering hair algae die off? It is just on the hair algae

Nutramar Foods

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely expect fluconazole to kill gha then bring in dinos or cyano for months on end, sometimes worse than the original gha. the stickied threads in the nuisance forum show such devastation

the right way to use it: rip clean the system first, without meds, so it's invasion free

then use fluc to see if it stops growback. rotting all the mass in the tank is the issue

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often after treating with fluconazole there will be dino bloom
Yea I was kinda of expecting it. Funny though it is literally just on the dying GHA. All exposed rock and sand completely clean. I just hope it eventually disappears when GHA disappears. I did just turkey baste it and blew right off but expect it to return. -although I did not have a complete infestation of GHA and bryopsis about 70 percent has dyed off

Blake509

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's usually how it starts in the tips of hair algae and for me in tips of xenia are the first signs it will most likely spread to entire tank may want to start to prepare for next battle cause it's most likely coming worse than it currently is

Nutramar Foods
Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Geo's Reef
Back