Flow, mixed reef, adding a power head

tjbrownie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 24 gal cube tank and I’m wanting to add a second power head to get a more broad flow in my tank and less hot spots but getting more flow to my sps at the top of my mixed reef. I’m currently running one nero 5 at 1,200gph. And the portion of my tank further from my power head is getting more flow so I’m trying to equalize and get the flow more random and broad. I’m just trying to figure out what placement of the two powerhead would get me the better fit flow distribution. Currently I have the one power head on the right side of the tank. I want to add the second one and lower the power on both to maintain the current level of flow but disperse it more evenly into the tank. What do y’all think?

IMG_4482.jpeg

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 24 gal cube tank and I’m wanting to add a second power head to get a more broad flow in my tank and less hot spots but getting more flow to my sps at the top of my mixed reef. I’m currently running one nero 5 at 1,200gph. And the portion of my tank further from my power head is getting more flow so I’m trying to equalize and get the flow more random and broad. I’m just trying to figure out what placement of the two powerhead would get me the better fit flow distribution. Currently I have the one power head on the right side of the tank. I want to add the second one and lower the power on both to maintain the current level of flow but disperse it more evenly into the tank. What do y’all think?
First of all those coral look decently healthy atleast without lights on as much as I can tell. So that one powerhead may be enough.

If something is working why change it?

But may left side lower? like I said nero 5 in that size tank plus return flow might be good enough Others can chime in as well.

OP
OP
tjbrownie

tjbrownie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all those coral look decently healthy atleast without lights on as much as I can tell. So that one powerhead may be enough.

If something is working why change it?

But may left side lower? like I said nero 5 in that size tank plus return flow might be good enough Others can chime in as well.
Fair enough ahah, guess I’m probably thinking too much into it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back