Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks... yeah, I took her out so nothing else would get infected with whatever this is. I probably jumped the gun a bit. The Mushroom looks to be doing the best (naturally the smallest and cheapest frag is doing best)... the toadstool is not happy, but doesn't appear to be dying... Thanks for the guidance. I need to take a step back. I thought the tank was ready to go, but I guess not.
It sucks getting a reality check but who knows it could have saved you money. I had really bad luck with corals when I started. Nothing would stay alive for more than 2 weeks . Now I’m pretty sure my hammer is growing a new head. Pretty much all I’m saying is don’t get discouraged over 1 loss. Learn and move on

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Rob1208

Rob1208

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now I'm really bummed! My BIOT Yellow Tang was nosing around this coral before it died... she was picking at the disk and base of the coral. I noticed later that day (Sunday) that she was kind of twitchy, but she was always a bit of a spaz... Last night she didn't eat much when usually she was leading the charge... this morning I found her dead. We got her from Biota on Jan 5th and she was super healthy and active... she was the star of the tank, really... I can only assume something from the torch killed her... Any thoughts? I realize you all are looking at this blind, but i'm curious if you have any feedback...

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back