• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Fish order Dr reef quarantined fish

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a neon blue goby and a hi fin goby in early January from dr reef. Just received it today. The neon goby was dead and the hi fin goby is half an inch and I’d be really surprised if he doesn’t instantly get decimated in the tank. I’ve heard good things so maybe I just had a bad experience but I wanted to share lol

A3139BB8-1C43-4691-9F56-30C277AC0CFD.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Reeftanktraveler

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from Dr. Reef at the beginning of January as well. Received messages that my fish was acquired and quarantining. Paid for it and they sent me the arrival date. Stayed home from work to receive, but nothing came. Called to find out why the fish didn't arrive, and he said my fish didn't make it through quarantine and they can't find another one. No reason given as to why I was never contacted after waiting a couple of months. I didn't feel he was scamming me because he refunded the money. However, after waiting so long they should have notified me and not sent me messages my fish would arrive on a specific date. Not trying to hate, but this was my experience.

FortLivingRoom

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Dr Reef” has some of the worst customer service I’ve experienced. I don’t believe he’s a doctor in anything Marine related. Would have a million excuses under the Sun on multiple shipments about why they were delayed. Always something, then he always plays the “I’m doing it for the love of the hobby” card. Acts like he’s doing you a favor even though you’re the one paying him. I tried him twice because of cheaper prices, one of the packages smelled like straight death when I opened it and there weren’t even temperature extremes or shipping delays. I’ve only used TSM since and had great experience with their QT fish, though the selection is thin sometimes; the quality is superb. Then for CUC I usually use reefcleaners.

Top Shelf Aquatics

bvanfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Dr Reef” has some of the worst customer service I’ve experienced. I don’t believe he’s a doctor in anything Marine related. Would have a million excuses under the Sun on multiple shipments about why they were delayed. Always something, then he always plays the “I’m doing it for the love of the hobby” card. Acts like he’s doing you a favor even though you’re the one paying him. I tried him twice because of cheaper prices, one of the packages smelled like straight death when I opened it and there weren’t even temperature extremes or shipping delays. I’ve only used TSM since and had great experience with their QT fish, though the selection is thin sometimes; the quality is superb. Then for CUC I usually use reefcleaners.
@FortLivingRoom is reef cleaners stuff qt at all? Or are their inverts kept with fish?

MarsReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you specify larger fish? Most people want to get their fish small.

this is also a terrible time to be shipping fish. Their website has huge warnings all over it right now. Fish deaths are to be expected if you take the risk this time of year. Thankfully they have a really good warranty.

order now for April delivery which is significantly better weather to ship in.

FortLivingRoom

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FortLivingRoom is reef cleaners stuff qt at all? Or are their inverts kept with fish?
I’ve never had an issue with them and always superb packaging. From their website: We adhere to strict quarantine procedures to ensure unwanted pests do not take hold in your tank when dipping isn't adequate. All of our systems are free of fish, and fish disease. We pride ourselves on delivering quality specimens and advice.

Top Shelf Aquatics

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also recently placed on order for 4 fish. One was dead upon arrival 2 more were dead the next day. 3 of the 4 were tiny and the ones that died. It' certainly cheaper to go to my local fish store. For me I'm hoping to not expose my tank to problems.

scottj6

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 4 fish from Dr Reef back in November. Didnt receive them till the end of January. 2 of them were DOA. 1 died a couple of days later and the 4th one is doing great. They were prompt in refunding me but for the time and cost it takes to get these fish, I wont use him again.

Top Shelf Aquatics

ColonelCrow

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had 1 order with them 1 doa they gave me credit no other issues.

Recently placed a 2nd order for rarer and "dont ship well" that arent listed on their website. They sourced and got them and are qting them right now. I wasnt invoiced for my first order until 2 days before they were on my doorstep. I was prepared to pay sooner for this order but ive still not been asked to pay for this order.

Leads me to question the one guy who said he paid at the start of qt and ran into problems there after. But maybe his is an older issue and policy has since changed. Im certainly not implying he is a liar.

I was pleased enough with my first order that i happily placed this second even explaining to them that i dont have the greatest of expectations at arrival but will trust and hope.

I think every place will have its issues and thankfully we have resources like this forum to combine experiences.

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tsm? I’ve had luck with reef chasers and absolutely fish naturals.

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had 1 order with them 1 doa they gave me credit no other issues.

Recently placed a 2nd order for rarer and "dont ship well" that arent listed on their website. They sourced and got them and are qting them right now. I wasnt invoiced for my first order until 2 days before they were on my doorstep. I was prepared to pay sooner for this order but ive still not been asked to pay for this order.

Leads me to question the one guy who said he paid at the start of qt and ran into problems there after. But maybe his is an older issue and policy has since changed. Im certainly not implying he is a liar.

I was pleased enough with my first order that i happily placed this second even explaining to them that i dont have the greatest of expectations at arrival but will trust and hope.

I think every place will have its issues and thankfully we have resources like this forum to combine experiences.
I also got the invoice once the fish were done with qt

Nutramar Foods
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tunze
Back