View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y

Yea I am
Well your crab might be alright. Really depends on a few factors. Could also make cycling your tank much faster. Start feeding slow, if you are getting 0 ammonia after a couple weeks of feeding. You can probably throw a shrimp or crab in there. Then start adding more but do so slowly. If you start getting anything over 0 ammonia, don’t add anything else for awhile. The 2 months to cycle is for dry rock, cured ocean rock will not take that long.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well your crab might be alright. Really depends on a few factors. Could also make cycling your tank much faster. Start feeding slow, if you are getting 0 ammonia after a couple weeks of feeding. You can probably throw a shrimp or crab in there. Then start adding more but do so slowly. If you start getting anything over 0 ammonia, don’t add anything else for awhile. The 2 months to cycle is for dry rock, cured ocean rock will not take that long.
New news, i have three hitchhiker crabs two confirmed porcelain crabs and one bigger worrying other crab

Nutramar Foods

Lionfish hunter

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wanted crabs, these are free!
Feed them a little bit and check ammonia. Fingers crossed that this rock will cycle your tank fast! It is certainly possible. Live rock also has can have a lot of dying organisms that will cause a lot of ammonia. You will know in a week or two if your ammonia spikes or not.

AS

Lionfish hunter

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed them a little bit and check ammonia. Fingers crossed that this rock will cycle your tank fast! It is certainly possible. Live rock also has can have a lot of dying organisms that will cause a lot of ammonia. You will know in a week or two if your ammonia spikes or not.
Probably a good sign you have larger crabs alive though. That makes me think it is very fresh.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t let me see the videos, I think because I have an iPhone. But sounds like you got a lot of help from others on that thread.
yeah i heard for some reason you cant on iphone ill try something hold on

I never finish anythi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hermit crabs will be fine together. If you don’t believe me(hard to know what advice is correct!) I’m pretty sure 99.99999% of people on here that have hermit crabs, have more than 1. Never heard such a thing before.
Yea 2 hermit will be fine . Just put plenty of empty shells in for them .

death-by-reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hermit crabs will be fine together. If you don’t believe me(hard to know what advice is correct!) I’m pretty sure 99.99999% of people on here that have hermit crabs, have more than 1. Never heard such a thing before.
O my bad, I have just had that experience with a small tank and was just giving advice

Lionfish hunter

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some nassarius snails two days ago and they buried themselves ever since and haven't come back up to the surface, should i be worried?
I don’t see mine for months sometimes. Look for them when you feed, they can smell the food and come out if they are hungry.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lionfish hunter

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O my bad, I have just had that experience with a small tank and was just giving advice
I’m sure it can happen especially in a small tank. Maybe more shells would have helped? Hard to say.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see mine for months sometimes. Look for them when you feed, they can smell the food and come out if they are hungry.
Yeah I thought it was so cool seeing them emerge so quickly the minute the food touched the water

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back