+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally/my opinion

I would not add any fish to this aquriam, I thought mine was small at 40g 200litres.
I understand you have another aquriam set up so I assume you know about 'fish stress'
Maybe disregard this 2.5g as a setup for marine life and maybe build/create another?
Anything you add to this 2.5g will have a very short life expectancy.
Thing is, a 40g tank would be already too large for the animals i have mentioned earlier and they would actually have a shorter life expectancy there. Some animals are doing better in a species tank without faster tank mates. Other animals are bad for large tanks because you never see them.
I have seen my pompom crab five times in 2 years in my 15g tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing is, a 40g tank would be already too large for the animals i have mentioned earlier and they would actually have a shorter life expectancy there. Some animals are doing better in a species tank without faster tank mates. Other animals are bad for large tanks because you never see them.
I have seen my pompom crab five times in 2 years in my 15g tank.
Do you have any aggressive fish in your 15g tank? I had a 20g where I saw my pom Pom constantly but I saw many of my other fish/inverts weekly if not daily. I had 10 fish total at one point in that tank and 6 of them were gobies with 1 blenny and then 3 wrasses. Here’s an FTS of that tank when it was I believe almost a year old, the algae wasn’t due to over stocking and actually just one more fish solved the algae issue. This FTS shows 4 of the 10 fish I once had in that tank (I still have most of those fish but some died of old age).
B786164D-C068-4DBF-8EFE-265843377649.jpeg

Tavero

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any aggressive fish in your 15g tank? I had a 20g where I saw my pom Pom constantly but I saw many of my other fish/inverts weekly if not daily. I had 10 fish total at one point in that tank and 6 of them were gobies with 1 blenny and then 3 wrasses. Here’s an FTS of that tank when it was I believe almost a year old, the algae wasn’t due to over stocking and actually just one more fish solved the algae issue. This FTS shows 4 of the 10 fish I once had in that tank (I still have most of those fish but some died of old age).
View attachment 2872508
I only had some goby okinawae and a small blenny. That thing disappeared into my rock scape and went missing for the next few months. Even after that i've only seen it a few times during night. I've read somewhere that they eat bristleworms so in that case you can't even bait them with food because they are always full anyway.

AS

Rick's Reviews

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for now there is a smal hermit crab who has it all for it self. maybe ill keep some sexy shrimp or other realy small inverts. corals are definitly goin in, witch i also see as marine life.i get that stress is a huge factor for fish and i wont go with anything to big and so i dont realy see why small inverts/fish would die faster in a smaller aquarium if al the paramaters are kept tightly and inhabitants fed well.

I agree if all parimiters are kept tight, it may be possible.

I'm just unsure of survivability due to lack of 'swimming room',. a tiny addition would not grow much/slower than in a bigger aquarium.
(Just my opinion) :)

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tank Stop
Back