Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions for more active swimming fish in my 25g IM lagoon.
Ive had a pair of clowns in there for a few weeks and they just sit in the top corners and rarely swim into the lower 75% of the tank. Im looking for an active swimmer. Maybe a few chromis or a wrasse? I have a lid and some sand in the bottom.

AquaCave Logo Banner

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had a pair of clowns in there for a few weeks and they just sit in the top corners and rarely swim into the lower 75% of the tank. Im looking for an active swimmer. Maybe a few chromis or a wrasse? I have a lid and some sand in the bottom.
You could try a Pseudocheilinops but unless you’re sat there for a few minutes you may not see it until feeding.
Mine seem to be active at night when spawning however I’ve only caught spawning behaviour once because it’s around 11 when it begins.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish aren't super active, but they'll hang out in midwater. Or you could get some cute little rock-perching gobies, trimmas and/or a clown goby- they won't swim around, but they'll be visible.
I agree with this, I love gobies and had 6 at one point in a nano, that tank looked so full even though most of them were of the same family. I believe I had;
Discordipinna griessingeri (Griessinger’s Goby)
Trimma tevegae x2 (Red Spot Pygmy Goby)
Koumansetta hectori (Hector’s Goby)
Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Goby)
Gobiodon acicularis (Black Clown Goby)

My favourites for the activity side of things were the Clown Goby and two Trimma gobies. The others weren’t as obvious from far away however every so often they’d show you they were still there if you stayed around the tank long enough.

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish aren't super active, but they'll hang out in midwater. Or you could get some cute little rock-perching gobies, trimmas and/or a clown goby- they won't swim around, but they'll be visible.
Can I keep a pair of firefish? They are pretty. Someone suggested cardinals but they always look dead to me just sitting there with those big dead eyes.
What about a blenny? Ive had one of those before and they were unique.

Tired

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you can find a bonded pair of firefish, that'll work. I'm not sure how to go about creating a pair of your own.

Any smaller blennies should work out fine. Barnacle blennies mostly sit in holes, but are very cute about it. Roughhead blennies (rarely in stock at KP Aquatics) are teeny-tiny, also sit in holes, and are even cuter about it.

Avast

wheels4896

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like my harptail blenny. Seems happy in my 20g. Super active...just have to not get freaked out by him laying down in random places to sleep. Only gets to 3 or so inches.

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still letting the tank settle. At the moment I have just two firefish. Sadly my pair of clowns died a little over a week ago. No idea why, everything checks out fine and they were just dead in the corner of the tank when I woke up one morning.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back