+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Have you considered filling them with pumice? They’ll last longer although decomp will contribute to nutrients. Something I don’t worry about. Rather filter something out then mechanically labor over it.
When they’re lasting close to two weeks, I’m good with that as I’ve been changing last decade or more every 3/4 days

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reef.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, these type of balls came with my nano IM Nuvo tank, never tried them tbh as I just felt the water would run over them and not through them so seemed a little useless but Innovtive Marine do sell the same type of balls for their bigger tanks to use in media cups so I guess they work.

IMG_2568.jpeg

OP
OP
GARRIGA

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, these type of balls came with my nano IM Nuvo tank, never tried them tbh as I just felt the water would run over them and not through them so seemed a little useless but Innovtive Marine do sell the same type of balls for their bigger tanks to use in media cups so I guess they work.

View attachment 3173130
That’s interesting. Guessing more expensive than options targeted at pool maintenance.

Compacting to reduce the size of gaps between individual balls should help capture more detritus. Don’t see any information on channeling.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back