Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I had one for about 6 months and then he died. But I think he got brook, cause a few of my fish died that same week. Still one of the best fish I've ever owned
Mine lasted about three months. I've since learned they are known to get BSJD,(blue spotted jawfish disease). It presents with patches of color loss on the body which progresses and has no cure. Some feel this fish should not be removed from the wild and if kept require a "species tank" with a cooler temperature, and very deep sand bed. Adorable fish but off limits for me now.

Mafbrand

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame hawk and tail spot blenny, love my possum wrasse too
I've always been in love with porcupine puffers with how incredibly personable they are, but sadly I don't think I'd be able to ever commit to such a large FOWLR tank to suit their needs. I've looked at a boxfish for a new build I am potentially considering, but ultimately I'm not sure if it would be a great fit. The closest I can get in terms of prsonalityis my lawnmower blenny, who regularly sits on my hand or arm while I'm working in the tank, but I'd love to start thinking about a stock list for a 100ish gallon build that would include some similarly personable fish, assuming the puffer is definitely out and a boxfish is probably unlikely.

So, these fish aside, what are some similarly personable fish you have kept or otherwise experienced before?

Edit- and I'd love to know what about them you find to be personable too!
If You want a porky that bad you should get one, you wont regret it! My Porky lived content and healthy for 18 years in a 55 gal before I got a bigger tank. I finally had to euthanize her last year and she was 20 years old.

chloe.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Your Reef
Back