Erin O's 75G Build

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We almost adopted a couple. After much research and talking to the rescue group we decided they weren't right for us. So we got two huskies at time is a bit much.
Two huskies vs two skeletors... I think this is a simple decision.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two huskies vs two skeletors... I think this is a simple decision.
Maybe. Our huskies its an energy thing. If they don't get enough they get anxious and start pacing looking for something to do. We got two so they have a playmate. It's helped

Greyhounds are a very special breed and you need a vet that understands them. That'd the main reason. We really don't have a vet around here that understands them.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not for me. That's a tough one. Lots of fur + energy vs... I dun know much about greyhounds.
Ya we have doggie back packs with a set of 2.5 weight sets for them. That sucks the energy out of them.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not for me. That's a tough one. Lots of fur + energy vs... I dun know much about greyhounds.
Greyhounds are AWESOME. had a retired racer once. His name was bud. No pix on this phone. I will find some tomorrow. He was so sweet.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Greyhounds are AWESOME. had a retired racer once. His name was bud. No pix on this phone. I will find some tomorrow. He was so sweet.
They seem delicate and precious. Not meant for rough housing toddlers.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem delicate and precious. Not meant for rough housing toddlers.
He was a pure drama queen. He never learned any tricks he was already 3 i think when we got him. He probably would not have do e well with toddlers. Those are best left to labs.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greyhounds are the drama.

Greyhounds worry so you don't have to.

Skeletor doesn't like kids shorter than him or puppies. Unpredictable sketches him out.

Sweetest/softest dogs. Especially considering their short fur. Ears feel like bunnies.

Skin is paper thin, very accident prone.

Very weird bloodwork, absolutely need a vet who understands them. Easier in FL with how many tracks we had.

His tracker also monitors activity/sleep.

Any one who tells you they need a lot of exercise is a liar.

Screenshot_20220710-204819.png

I want more.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greyhounds are the drama.

Greyhounds worry so you don't have to.

Skeletor doesn't like kids shorter than him or puppies. Unpredictable sketches him out.

Sweetest/softest dogs. Especially considering their short fur. Ears feel like bunnies.

Skin is paper thin, very accident prone.

Very weird bloodwork, absolutely need a vet who understands them. Easier in FL with how many tracks we had.

His tracker also monitors activity/sleep.

Any one who tells you they need a lot of exercise is a liar.

Screenshot_20220710-204819.png

I want more.
+1 to accident prone. Thin skin got us more then once and he broke his foot once.
+1 to weird blood work. That was the hardest part to deal with we had a great vet that knew them really well. OSU had/s a great vet program that is well versed.

He had his own couch and would steal warm spots if you got up. Loved laying out in the sun. Had to make him winter jackets. And his paws would freeze in the winter. I would definately get another in a heartbeat.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to accident prone. Thin skin got us more then once and he broke his foot once.
+1 to weird blood work. That was the hardest part to deal with we had a great vet that knew them really well. OSU had/s a great vet program that is well versed.

He had his own couch and would steal warm spots if you got up. Loved laying out in the sun. Had to make him winter jackets. And his paws would freeze in the winter. I would definately get another in a heartbeat.
He decided to do a zoom in the wet grass, slipped and broke his toe in 6 pieces :upside-down-face: luckily healed on its own in about 10 wks with pain killers & anti inflammatories.

No cries when that happened. Or when the dobie attacked him in the park. Or any real injury he's managed.

GSOD when he got an acorn stuck between his toes though. Drama.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He decided to do a zoom in the wet grass, slipped and broke his toe in 6 pieces :upside-down-face: luckily healed on its own in about 10 wks with pain killers & anti inflammatories.

No cries when that happened. Or when the dobie attacked him in the park. Or any real injury he's managed.

GSOD when he got an acorn stuck between his toes though. Drama.
Oh toes were broken more times then I can remember!!! Yeah dramatic a f for sure.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo,,,, if I got an Acorn stuck between my toes, I would be All The Drama!
Also got the GSOD when I wouldn't let him lay down on a mummified opossum we found in the woods. You'd have thought I was beating him

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine has an especially dramatic girl & her neighbors called animal control on her once because they were convinced she was abusing her dog. The officer got there, saw it was a Greyhound, gave her pets, and then they went to the neighbors together and explained the drama & what the Greyhound scream of death is and all of the absolutely insane reasons hers would be triggered :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back