Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it shouldn't have killed the fish outright, quarantining a 3" angel in a ten gallon tank with two other fish is really crowded.

It wasn't the coppersafe - you were barely at half a dose. At that point, it isn't even lethal to parasites.
How do the other two fish look today?

Jay
They look good sir & both are eating pellets. I cannot understand what went wrong with the angel except theorizing that somehow coppersafe killed it.

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look good sir & both are eating pellets. I cannot understand what went wrong with the angel except theorizing that somehow coppersafe killed it.
I would say that 3 fish in that small of a tank could have gone through an ammonia spike which would have affected the angel first. Without a test at the time of death I don’t know. I use seachem ammonia alert badges in my QT. Had a 40 gallon breeder that I had three or four smaller fish 3-4” in for 69 days. Moved them into a DT and added 2 6” angels to the same tank within a couple of days. Within 48 hours the ammonia spiked I assume because they had a much higher bio load than the fish I moved out.

I had to move them to a larger system for QT.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back