Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Reef Delete UV Pest Eradication Tool by ITC Reefculture during the black friday sales. It seems to work if you are religious with using it. It is nice to watch them close up seconds after the light hits them.

Upvote 0

McPuff

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the wand against majanos and it was great. Not against aptasia though. I just got a filefish recently and it is making quick work of those buggers. Thankfully it also really enjoys eating frozen foods and looks like it may also snack on vermetids.

Upvote 0

Sportn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried making my first gen aiptasia wand work for years. While it would dissolve the aiptasia, but more would pop up elsewhere.
While the lasers were fun to play with, ( I had burn marks in several places on my stand and a couple pair of jeans ), I found that most aiptasias had their base/foot in a small crack or hole, you could not get the laser aimed all the way down to the base. The aiptasia would usually pop back up in the same stop or another close by.
Plus there is always that theory ( or fact) that once you started attacking a aiptasia it would send off bits ( pedal laceration) ) to all parts of the tank.
I had the very same experience with a laser, just seemed to tick them off and they ended up all over the tank. CBB is the most effective control IMO. Don't buy a laser.

Upvote 0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The majano wand is a lot of fun, and almost completely useless. There only thing I've ever been able to actually kill completely with it was an aip on the sump wall because I could melt the entire thing. Majano come back in a few weeks. Aptasia faster albiet mutilated.

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion
Back