Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides Kraken lids, etc, I'm looking into a kit that contains mesh, rails that I measure to size and make. The ones I have used are all plastic frames and it sags in the middle over time. I'm not even talking about a big tank here. I have one for the Fluval Evo and the plastic frame itself at the front and back are sagging.

I notice there's a company call DD Jumpguard - not sure if the frame is as well plastic, or is it Aluminum.

Anyhow, welcome any thoughts with regards.

AquaCave Logo Banner

dwest

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides Kraken lids, etc, I'm looking into a kit that contains mesh, rails that I measure to size and make. The ones I have used are all plastic frames and it sags in the middle over time. I'm not even talking about a big tank here. I have one for the Fluval Evo and the plastic frame itself at the front and back are sagging.

I notice there's a company call DD Jumpguard - not sure if the frame is as well plastic, or is it Aluminum.

I’ve always purchased mesh screen from BRS and bought aluminum screening framing from Home Depot. I believe BRS did a video.

MB1227

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Home Depot and bought and aluminum window screen Frame kit that you can cut to size, and then got some bird mesh / net from the garden center section. The frame kit was cheap, maybe $15 buck, I just cut the pieces to the size I needed, used the corner adapters it came with and then rolled the bird net in like a window screen, cost less than $30 and was done in 15 mins. Really worth it in my opinion

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
R

RaymondL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Home Depot and bought and aluminum window screen Frame kit that you can cut to size, and then got some bird mesh / net from the garden center section. The frame kit was cheap, maybe $15 buck, I just cut the pieces to the size I needed, used the corner adapters it came with and then rolled the bird net in like a window screen, cost less than $30 and was done in 15 mins. Really worth it in my opinion
Thanks - if you have a link that'll be helpful as well.

Aluminum won't react with saltwater or pose any issues correct?

MB1227

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - if you have a link that'll be helpful as well.

Aluminum won't react with saltwater or pose any issues correct?
So far I haven’t had any issues with it, it came painted however. For the price and being able to have it immediately I can’t complain.

AquaCave Logo Banner

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I simply purchase aluminium mosquito net framing from the local big box hardware and use fish tankmesh from amazon

mrpontiac80

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a D&D jump guard on my tank. It’s 2 yrs old now. The frame is aluminum with plastic corners. The aluminum frame on mine is for rimless aquariums and has a nice flange so that the screen sits flush with the top of the glass. I’m very pleased with it. My tank is 4’ wide and the frame is sturdy.
you’ll have to look past the salt creep from my flow but here are some pics. The feeding portal was purchased separately and made by Neat.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back