View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ruby rally and formalin come tomorrow.

Ive now done 3 total fresh water dips (5min each) in the past 4 days on the clownfish that has visible "brook" like symptoms and to the other clownfish that doesnt have any symptoms.

the condition of both fish havent changed at all and they are still eating and look ok. does that change anything about the diagnosis? all other fish show no signs of brook and theres been no deaths.
FW dip offers temporary relief and is not a cure or treatment. In essence, buys a little time

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FW dip offers temporary relief and is not a cure or treatment. In essence, buys a little time
gotcha, just trying to confim that in a case of brook, its normal for only one fish to be affected and for there to be no deaths after 4-5 days. either way im gonna start formalin treatment tomorrow.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
gotcha, just trying to confim that in a case of brook, its normal for only one fish to be affected and for there to be no deaths after 4-5 days. either way im gonna start formalin treatment tomorrow.
Ive seen multiple infected and there is rarely a timeline

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the clowns in qt and dosed formalin. Of course I messed up and put .9 Ml per gallon instead of per 10 gallons so I just used the qt as a formalin bath for 45 min and then transferred fish to 5 gallon bucket with ruby rally until I figure out what to do with qt.

do I have to empty this qt or will the concentration of formalin go down? I saw that you have to dose formalin every day when treating so if I wait will the qt eventually be safe to use again?

I have no prob emptying the qt and refilling I just don’t want to if I don’t have to :)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Neptune
Back