Did Red Sea even test the Nanomat with their ATO+??? (Vent and Solution discussion thread)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TiltedReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so Red Sea… I was so hyped to get the nanomat installed in my Max Nano XL G2 but what the heck guys? Did they even test this product before releasing it???

The water level in the sump had to be almost to the return pump for the nanomat to register a nominal water level and go into auto roll? How tf is my ATO+ supposed to work that way? The nanomat is a 200$ product but it literally does not auto roll unless the sump level is way down.

My skimmer is adjusted all the way up and still the nanomat is blinking… even if the water level is right at the bottom probe of the ato, signaling the top off to commence, the nanomat continues to blink. Unless the level of the third chamber is below the bottom panel of the media holder, the nanomat will NOT auto roll.

Anyone else with this issue? My only possible idea at a fix is to DIY the sensor on the nanomat to a higher position, but ya know… that seriously contradicts the big bright slogan of “PLUG AND PLAY” valued at $199.99 + 8% sales tax printed on the box.

Absolutely disappointed in Red Sea (formerly South China Sea)

ArcticWombat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue. First I removed the skimmer to allow me to better see the water level in all the areas of the sump. If the water level is too high in the sump the water level will trigger the Nanomat to advance the mat. The Nanonmat with attempt 5 times and stop (alternating flashing lights) to prevent roller mat waste in the event the water level does not drop. I was having this issue.

Before installing the ATO+ I used the manual ATO bucket in the back right corner. I adjusted the float on the bottom of the ATO bucket lower to keep the water level lower in the sump to prevent unwanted Nanomat advancement. This seemed to work.

When I went to install the ATO+ unit the built-in water level sensor location on the tank was WAY too high. I had to use the included ATO+ magnetic mount to place the water level sensor lower in the sump thus lowering the water level. Took a little adjustment but found a good level.

Now I believe the Nanomat will only advance once the water level rises iINSIDE the Nanomat due to the mat getting saturated with tank material.

Once I am satisfied the sump water level is good i will note the water level location in the app (or visually note the water level). I will then add back the skimmer and use the app (or visually) to note the new water level. The level should be higher now that the skimmer has been added back. Finally I will lower the water to the level I noted earlier, this is done to offset skimmer being added back.

OP
OP
T

TiltedReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue. First I removed the skimmer to allow me to better see the water level in all the areas of the sump. If the water level is too high in the sump the water level will trigger the Nanomat to advance the mat. The Nanonmat with attempt 5 times and stop (alternating flashing lights) to prevent roller mat waste in the event the water level does not drop. I was having this issue.

Before installing the ATO+ I used the manual ATO bucket in the back right corner. I adjusted the float on the bottom of the ATO bucket lower to keep the water level lower in the sump to prevent unwanted Nanomat advancement. This seemed to work.

When I went to install the ATO+ unit the built-in water level sensor location on the tank was WAY too high. I had to use the included ATO+ magnetic mount to place the water level sensor lower in the sump thus lowering the water level. Took a little adjustment but found a good level.

Now I believe the Nanomat will only advance once the water level rises iINSIDE the Nanomat due to the mat getting saturated with tank material.

Once I am satisfied the sump water level is good i will note the water level location in the app (or visually note the water level). I will then add back the skimmer and use the app (or visually) to note the new water level. The level should be higher now that the skimmer has been added back. Finally I will lower the water to the level I noted earlier, this is done to offset skimmer being added back.
Interesting but still no luck when attempting your solution. The water level for me needs to be waaay below the media chamber for the nanomat to register a nominal water level. This is my conversation with Red Sea and potential fixes. I will attempt a media chamber clearing when I get home from work today and update if it does or doesn’t work lol

Attachments

• IMG_6418.png
    IMG_6418.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6419.png
    IMG_6419.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6420.png
    IMG_6420.png
    132 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
T

TiltedReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
The red sea carbon bag included with the max nano was the culprit causing a backup of water in the media tray between chambers 2 and 3 which effected the water level of the sump for the nano mat. I just replaced the carbon with chemipure blue and tossed the carbon.

Make sure if you have the ATO+ to clip the sensor as shown in the image provided by red sea support in my post above for the nanomat to function property. Desktop skimmer needs to be turned on for water level to properly even out and nanomat to function.

Sorry red sea. ily i was just upset after spending my money...:downcast-face-with-sweat::confounded-face:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back