• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dealing with Redsea, help please

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Top Shelf Aquatics

Reef.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reread the email. I'm confident that any company that offers a warranty will have some means of determining the validity of the claim and will have an insurance/fraud department to assess the claim.

The email was a request to send the claim ticket to the insurance group/fraud department to assess the claim.
The note about BRS flagging Baffels' account seems to be in regard to making sure BRS knows the warranty claim is already being processed, but you can read further into it if you want and assume they have already determined the case fraudulent...

I am still firmly of the opinion from the shared evidence that it is not enough as-is for a warranty claim since it does not show the origin of the leak or provide any information about what caused the failure and whether it is manufacturing defect or misuse of the product. I do understand that there is more information that has not yet been shared here (nor am I requiring it be shared here), and I understand that Baffels knows the validity of the claim even though RS has yet to determine the validity of the claim.
The email clearly said to flag his account incase he tried similar with them, in no way can that be interpreted as “mark his account as the issue is being dealt with”.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok, so my redsea 625G2 has spung a small leak on a side seal. Here's how the redsea support has gone do far:

1. I sent in original email/ticket.
2. They ask for pics of the tank, video of the leak, pic of the serial number and receipt.
3. I provided all of it.
4. They ask for another video of the leak under white light.
5. Provided.
6. I break down the tank out of fear it will bust or leak more. Told redsea I was doing so. All fish and corals are in smaller QT tanks and I hired people to move the redsea downstairs.
7. Redsea now asks for/says "Unfortunately, we have not received sufficient proof that the aquarium is leaking. Now that the aquarium has been emptied, you should relocate it to your yard and refill it to provide the proof to us. Please send a video that captures the full view of the aquarium, the leak for at least 15 seconds and then a view of the aquarium serial number sticker."

I dont have a yard, the tank is broken down, unplumed, off the stand and without a water source nearby. I have provided prove of a leak, more then enough and at this point it just feels like they are accusing me of lying.

What do I do here? I don't want to rehire people to come move it again just to pay to fill it for another video that I have already taken.
Are they Kidding ?
If you choose to repair yourself, as I have repaired Many tanks, will give you instructions for repair

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Baffels

Baffels

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Asked to speak to someone a little higher up on the phone. Same guy from the email called me saying he was a supervisor. Expressed my issues with getting an email saying I was trying to be fraudulent and got nowhere. He insists I somehow fill the tank up while not on the stand with no water source which was contrary to his previous request. I received an email saying they would not be honoring the warranty.

I have a buddy who is a JAG on base and a reefer as well. He will be taking this over for me. Was actually very interested. He has advised me to not post any emails or videos shared (after the above) with Redsea until a resolution is found. After this is done, I will post everything so people can decide whether or not to engage with this company.

On a better note. I was able to get a decent sized used tank from my LFS for a great price to get everyone back into their home. I will be using my remaining redsea products (skimmer, reefmat) until they stop working, then will never purchase from them again.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tankfully ;) , I do not have one of their tanks, but have had issues with ReefDose4 which was a run around and never resolved until I it completely stopped working and they replaced the main unit.

Also, an issue with one of my ReefWave45's; again, it was another hassle but finally got resolved.

I really like those two products, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On a better note. I was able to get a decent sized used tank from my LFS for a great price to get everyone back into their home. I will be using my remaining redsea products (skimmer, reefmat) until they stop working, then will never purchase from them again.
Glad to hear!!

Avast

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a garage to put the tank in? Do you have friends that can come over and help you move the tank? All you would really have to do is plug the holes, you don't need to replumb the whole thing. Just fill it up take a video of the whole tank, pan around the whole tank, and start zooming in and where it's leaking and especially the seal where you can see it separated.

miller75

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank is leaking it would be reasonable for anyone to empty the tank immediately to mitigate any danger or further damage. It could be different over here in the UK but I would simply ask them to send a rep to come out and inspect it or collect it for inspection, offer to pay for transport costs if its found not to be leaking.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Baffels

Baffels

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread was moved after all of the comments had been made. :)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Ecotech Marine
Back