• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dealing with Redsea, help please

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad for the leak, but I think I can understand why that up-close video is not conclusive for them to know it is due to seam failure. I'd like to see the other video (not that my opinion is necessary for this case).

Agreed, thats why I took the additional video they requested. Ill post it once I get home, its on my home pc. What I don't like is accidentally being sent an email saying im committing fraud. Rubs me wrong.
That email should not have been sent to you, but I would not read too far into the wording on the email. The way I read that message, it was a request to let BRS know about you reaching out to Red Sea directly for the warranty claim in case you also reach out to BRS (assume this was who you purchased through?) about the warranty.
"Flag your account" in this case seems to just mean to alert that warranty claim is already being processed for your account/purchase receipt to avoid wasted time processing the same request if you also reported through BRS (not that you were going to do so).

I guess time will tell what was actually intended. I'd hate to work on warranty claims due to all of the potential fraud methods and the way an honest customer feels when trying to make a claim and being treated with initial skepticism to try to avoid fraud...

Top Shelf Aquatics

Cell

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the original video of the leak was just that closeup clip, RS was completely justified in asking for a better video. Hopefully you were able to provide exactly what they asked for, which is within reason, full tank shot showing the leak and serial #s or whatever.

Top Shelf Aquatics

GatorGreg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest:

Was CCed on an email I wasnt supposed to be (im obviously not Jeff), is this for real redsea?!?

View attachment 3074924
Yeah Red Sea can get bent based off this alone. Their tanks are springing leaks left and right on here. I don’t care what the outcome is of this or wether OP is being truthful or not. I will NEVER purchase a Red Sea aquarium when I’m brave enough to build a large aquarium. May end up not doing business with BRS anymore looks like they’re in cahoots with Red Sea

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

GoM_reefs

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you not able to reseal it with some aquarium sealant? Of course, if you're trying to get RedSea to provide you something, I wouldn't do this as it would definitely void any warranty.

How old is the tank, and do you have the video's you provided to them?
Bad, bad idea.

RS tanks tend to split at the seams, and while you can silicone over the split area, new silicone doesn't bond to old silicone. By doing this you would stop the water, but not fix the structural issue. OPs panel is in the process of pulling off, and nothing short of a full teardown and reseal will fix that, which on a 625 is a lot of $$$ and time.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a red sea owner so likely 99% biased. However, I have warrantied a tank from Fluval (Hagen) before, and the info they requested was even more so than what Red Sea has requested from you. Fluval wanted specifically angled pics and videos with certain (or full) portions of the tank in view, a picture of the mat under the tank, and a level picture. I provided all of them and was sent a new tank (tank only).

That being said unless there are additional videos we are not seeing in this thread, I can 110% see why Red Sea did not accept that video. For all they know you or someone is dripping water down the seal from above the shot - I know you wouldn't be posting here if you were actually doing that, but they are out there to make money at the end of the day and not free tanks

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree with you if it wasnt marked as "fraud"
Yeah, again this is poor choice of wording/reason you should not have gotten the message. I don't think they are blaming you of fraud directly (at least not yet) in this message. The department that handles warranty claims is likely to be or involve a fraud department that determines the validity of the claim. The "Fraud" department likely assesses every warranty claim ever made, whether or not the claim is determined valid or fraudulent.

At least that is the way I read it. The terminology used makes it easy to jump to conclusions, but the intent of the message seems to be fair to me. You still should not have gotten the message to begin with...
You will know more about RS's intent with the claim based on how they continue to respond.

SpyC

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a red sea owner so likely 99% biased. However, I have warrantied a tank from Fluval (Hagen) before, and the info they requested was even more so than what Red Sea has requested from you. Fluval wanted specifically angled pics and videos with certain (or full) portions of the tank in view, a picture of the mat under the tank, and a level picture. I provided all of them and was sent a new tank (tank only).

That being said unless there are additional videos we are not seeing in this thread, I can 110% see why Red Sea did not accept that video. For all they know you or someone is dripping water down the seal from above the shot - I know you wouldn't be posting here if you were actually doing that, but they are out there to make money at the end of the day and not free tanks
OP stated there was at least one more video that they will share when they get home...

Top Shelf Aquatics

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A great video would be a full tank shot, zoom in and show the leak, wipe it dry with a towel, and show it reform (should be quick at that rate in the video before) and then in the same video show the serial number

GatorGreg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad for the leak, but I think I can understand why that up-close video is not conclusive for them to know it is due to seam failure. I'd like to see the other video (not that my opinion is necessary for this case).

That email should not have been sent to you, but I would not read too far into the wording on the email. The way I read that message, it was a request to let BRS know about you reaching out to Red Sea directly for the warranty claim in case you also reach out to BRS (assume this was who you purchased through?) about the warranty.
"Flag your account" in this case seems to just mean to alert that warranty claim is already being processed for your account/purchase receipt to avoid wasted time processing the same request if you also reported through BRS (not that you were going to do so).

I guess time will tell what was actually intended. I'd hate to work on warranty claims due to all of the potential fraud methods and the way an honest customer feels when trying to make a claim and being treated with initial skepticism to try to avoid fraud...
Dude…..that email was pretty clear to me where they stand on this. If OP is telling us all the truth and it wasn’t something that was his fault and he has the correct proof. They’re shady as all get out. Not cool at all.

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures of the silicone pulled away and looking white? It’s easy to see where it’s failing most of the time.
Agreed. The video that was previously shared seems to show the water sliding down the side of the tank from above video view, so the seam failure does not seem to be at the bottom corner shown in the video.

@Baffels Can you show RS pictures of the part of the seam that is bubbled/failing and causing the leak? Have you identified where the water is actually leaking from? Even pictures of the seam failure after dry might show more information about the failure if the silicone is bubbled or separating.

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude…..that email was pretty clear to me where they stand on this. If OP is telling us all the truth and it wasn’t something that was his fault and he has the correct proof. They’re shady as all get out. Not cool at all.
Reread the email. I'm confident that any company that offers a warranty will have some means of determining the validity of the claim and will have an insurance/fraud department to assess the claim.

The email was a request to send the claim ticket to the insurance group/fraud department to assess the claim.
The note about BRS flagging Baffels' account seems to be in regard to making sure BRS knows the warranty claim is already being processed, but you can read further into it if you want and assume they have already determined the case fraudulent...

I am still firmly of the opinion from the shared evidence that it is not enough as-is for a warranty claim since it does not show the origin of the leak or provide any information about what caused the failure and whether it is manufacturing defect or misuse of the product. I do understand that there is more information that has not yet been shared here (nor am I requiring it be shared here), and I understand that Baffels knows the validity of the claim even though RS has yet to determine the validity of the claim.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

LA
Back