Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why in the world would anyone attack Marvin? He's not just a mod here he's a great guy. He made an honest mistake and went out of his way to fix it. So whats your problem? Could it be that you Zoafrags are angry that people arent using the names you pull out if a hat for ebay?

BRS

CherryCorals

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Marv quite well and the modulators(he, he) aren't in his pocket he is just a stand up guy.

Keep your chin up Marv, you did the right thing and thats all that matters.

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heya! just wanted to do a quick chime in here to letcha know that ZoaID.com is indeed still having some issues. i was hoping to have it fixed last weekend, but something came up. next ETA is this weekend!

:D

PS: meant to add: the chime-in was at marvin's request! :D

Top Shelf Aquatics

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All in all the names are supposed to make the zoa collecting hobby fun so, he made a slight mistake...big deal!....I love this hobby and the names make it really fun for me, so lets just drop this...

IMO Steve :)

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got it, Steve! :D

So - on another note... We're (ZoaID.com council) thinking these are the same thing:
http://www.zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=3631

I don't mind changing the name from "The Grimace" to that 18 letter acronym (laf!). We were looking for a name for those at the last minute as they made the 2007 ZoaID.com calendar. Research turned up nothing, hence the name "The Grimace".

2007_10.jpg

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of another example of similar submissions?

Cya!
Who Dah?

twon8

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come when this guy make a mistake, he can get away so easily? Now we see the imbalance of the system.

Marvin buys from various coral seller and after awhile he change the name and claim that his the original owner. ( BISTADOKAPRE )

- Steve

what exactly is he getting away with?

i thought they were called dali pe's as well, an honest mistake

AS

coralfarm123

INDMAS Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dali is a better name anyways and I think more widely known. The other one is way too long. Too many acronym people eaters that are similar.

Ignore the flamer Marvin. He is way out of line.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see people labeling zoa/palys everyday one thing or another as they come in. Since none of the names really count for crap and the actual polyps were discovered by the divers the names are just for basic ID. If one group wants to call them one thing and another something else who cares. As long as who ever is buying or selling knows what they are getting. I doubt any of our pet nick names are going to end up in a biology book.

Kind of crazy that a diver finds the polyps, digs them out of the rock, company packages and ships them, reatailer receives then customer buys and thinks by putting their made up name on them they actually discovered something. What makes the guy who called them PPRPE think these polyps did not come in two years ago and a guy called them dizzle manizzle?
You ever post with a strange feeling your going to get flamed big time:rolleyes: Makes things interesting I guess...

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe anyone would be mad that you made up a name for somthing that someone already made up a name for-when the whole point is these names are made up in the first place. Marv was just giving credit where credit is due-nothing to appologize for really. Was he selling aptasia and calling it a rare paly? Right on marv-give credit where credit is due but in the end you didn't do anything wrong.

reefboy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa2 ive delt with marv plan on doing more hes a straight up fellow and it shows buy him showing his mistake most wouldnt of said anything I know your trying to defend johns postion but this is not the battle you want to take all your doing is putting yourself in bad light and bringing john bad publicty beings some here think your him lol so pick your battles this isnt the one.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, some peopel are just going to keep arguing as long as they have someone to argue. Alot of people can only find happiness and get their kicks off of the reactions they get... With every place that gets a new zoa in and names it (being identical to something else that someone else has already named for their site), I think the whole flaming here is rediculous. You have the right to flame on all you want, but it only makes you look bad. Having even slight cognitive abilities would tell you that... You haven't put out a real argument, so you are arguing just to get a rise as I see it. Flame on and make yourself look worse (thought it seems obvious that you don't care how you look). While we're on the subject, give me an example of someone who was flamed for calling something that someone else called soemthing else and got away with it. I think the examples are in your head, as this is a new argument to me...

jonbar1

Growing Out
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to be honest. They weren't officially named and were just going by different nicknames on different forums. I just used both names so people wouldn't think there were two different identical morphs floating around when they all came from Prop. Prop doesn't seem to be the kinda guy to get hung up on names either, though he did trademark the LE Fart in a Bag... ;)

Marvin is a great example of what this hobby is all about. Even something as minor as using the wrong name and he comes clean in a long post about how he messed up. If you're gonna flame him for that, you've got issues...

World Wide Corals

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Use of degrading language wither it be in English or another language will not be permitted. IF this continues you will be removed from Club-zoa.com, so let's keep it civil, period!

Well Zoa2 if you buddy Zoafrags is so much better tell him the person who came up with the name Yellow Submarines don't like him calling his lack luster yellow and purplish zoas Yellow Submarines......The difference is, I know what and where the name came from and I didn't blast zoafrags for using a name on a zoanthid that looks nothing like the ones that are logged in zoaid.com as Yellow Submarines. I didn't have to try and degrade him either in another language. Why? Cause I'm bigger then that.

pookstreet

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, what a loser. Like gflat65 said, some people have no life and just out to get a reaction. If you ignore them, they simply go away and disappear back to their pathetic existence.

Good job Marvin. I am not a mod or anything so I don't have to be in his pocket to support an honest person.

Avast

da6d2003

Definately OCD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contrary to my gut reaction to this situation, I think it's actually a testament to Marvin's intelligence and sense of fair play.

I have a hard time tracking my trades and commitments and all I do is trade here and a little bit locally.

This is the 1st time I have ever seen a negative word said about him.

Think about the number of trades he does and boards that he is active on. I know for sure that my poor little brain could not keep track of all that activity. If I were trying to handle the load that he is, I know that I would be flamed into oblivion.

Keep you chin up Marvin. Mistakes happen and all you can do is do your best to make them right. We all know you do and have.:)

reefboy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol well as far i know there not the same person but who knows lol have done trades with john (zoafrags) without any probs but hey wouldnt be the first time ive ben decieved i can be very trusting lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AFX
Back