Cycleing Help please.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah. Yeah. That salinity could certainly do it.
Sorry for your losses. Salinity is something I test everyday. Hopefully that’s the answer and it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all sorry i was running about all day with work etc. No i didnt take any pictures befrore or after, but ive narrowed it down to a mistake by me. I did not test Salinity for a WHILE and after topping up the tank which resulted in my salinity being 1.035-7 which is what me and my LFS think was the issue. I like an idiot was topping the tank off with salt water not RO water. Topping up due to evaporation.
As for any heavy breathing etc they seem to be normal (?) no scratching on the rocks but they did swim up and down the glass a fair bit BUT they did how ever like to sit in one corner or at the surface.
when i aclimated them i let the bag float for around 35-40 mins then dripped in some of the tank water for another 15-20 mins.
As for eating the first 2 days where fine then they just become uninterested in food. So im guess that was down to the high salinity count stressing them.

One of the guys from my LFS came and checked all the parameters earlier and every thing was spot on so he actually gave me a Adult clown for free, So i have a clown currently in the tank and she seems MUCH better.
Shes actively swiming around the tank not just sitting in one spot.
An ATO will prevent that. Doesn't have to be crazy expensive.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back