CUC not touching hair algae

AlexandraDreadlocksPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t even clean my own house, friend :p
Clean up crews only on land or in sea.
Laziness and reef tanks don’t mix; there is no such thing as a maintenance free reef tank, unless you have someone else do it. And then it’s no longer your tank, you just bought the contents…

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Margarita, astarea, blue legged hermits and urchin never touched long GHA. Just filament. Going to try a sea hare next. Something to consider. Otherwise elbow grease and a tooth brush

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow this link, start reading the descriptions of the various inverts listed, they tell what each snail type or hermit will consume. Very Valuable info IMO. I would suggest you add a couple hermit crabs and about 4 astraea snails.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZzyzxRiver

ZzyzxRiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laziness and reef tanks don’t mix; there is no such thing as a maintenance free reef tank, unless you have someone else do it. And then it’s no longer your tank, you just bought the contents…
Thankfully a few weeks of water changes, dropping one feeding day per week, and most importantly EMERALD CRAB have almost completely resolved the GHA. There’s one patch left growing inside a string of pearls macro, and the crab has taken to heading there every night and pulling it out. This has been my biggest experience of the power of patience. You can’t snap your fingers to solve a problem, only steer the ship.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back