Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a great deal on an algae blenny about a month ago. When he showed up in the mail he was about double the size I expected and he got right to work. This fish never stops eating. The only problem is he never stops pooping… he goes into one corner of my tank and drops these dark green half inch long turds all day! Like , 10+ turds in a 24 hour period. Is there anything I can add CUC wise specific to this?

Lyss

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, my tailspot is the same, right down to the corner of the tank being his toilet. This is gross but I have witnessed my cleaner shrimp on multiple occasions rush to grab them fresh as soon as they touch down and gobble half a turd up before dropping the rest. But what actually worked for me was to get a better powerhead and increase my flow near the bottom of the tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Specialk1012

Specialk1012

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, my tailspot is the same, right down to the corner of the tank being his toilet. This is gross but I have witnessed my cleaner shrimp on multiple occasions rush to grab them fresh as soon as they touch down and gobble half a turd up before dropping the rest. But what actually worked for me was to get a better powerhead and increase my flow near the bottom of the tank.
Ah he grabs them hot off the press huh!?! That makes sense but I don’t want to just blow crap all over my DP. does that break it down so the skimmer grabs it?

Upvote 0

mrtallbear86

Community Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a great deal on an algae blenny about a month ago. When he showed up in the mail he was about double the size I expected and he got right to work. This fish never stops eating. The only problem is he never stops pooping… he goes into one corner of my tank and drops these dark green half inch long turds all day! Like , 10+ turds in a 24 hour period. Is there anything I can add CUC wise specific to this?
That’s awesome! I needed that laugh! Thank you!

Upvote 0

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread got me laughing real fast. hahaha.

I have a lawnmower blenny. He craps like crazy. I have high flow, so it usually gets kicks up and spread out quickly. Perhaps nassarius snails could be helpful? They usually come out when I feed actual food. I'm actually not sure if they have a poop response...

Upvote 0

Lyss

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah he grabs them hot off the press huh!?! That makes sense but I don’t want to just blow crap all over my DP. does that break it down so the skimmer grabs it?
Yes! I rarely see turds flying around the tank so I feel the extra flow just helps to break it down. I also don’t see them on the sand for very long. I haven’t found CUC to be particularly helpful w/this, other than the cleaner shrimp which is pretty random IMO.

If you really want to have a laugh, there are days when he does nothing but pick at the rocks and eat and eat and poop his brains out, and will eat his own turds — problem solved. He’s a net zero on waste those days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Specialk1012

Specialk1012

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I rarely see turds flying around the tank so I feel the extra flow just helps to break it down. I also don’t see them on the sand for very long. I haven’t found CUC to be particularly helpful w/this, other than the cleaner shrimp which is pretty random IMO.

If you really want to have a laugh, there are days when he does nothing but pick at the rocks and eat and eat and poop his brains out, and will eat his own turds — problem solved. He’s a net zero on waste those days.
Reduce, reuse, recycle….. or so they say

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back