Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I want to say to R2R I think we should make a specific category for Refugiums/Macro Tanks.

Super excited to be upgrading today! Going from a small (13") hang on back CPR Aqua Fuge to a medium (19") CPR Aqua Fuge 2. Brightwell Aquatics was kind enough to send me some Mangrove Substrat to try out. I ran the previous one with Brightwell Koral Lagoon Substrat but thought it was just a little coarse for my liking. I also have some Miracle Mud I'm going to mix in with it. As well I'm upgrading my little 5 watt grow light to the 9 watt Chaeto Max by Innovative Marine. I'm shooting the whole thing on my GoPro and will edit the video and get it up to my YouTube channel ASAP.

IMG_20200805_142526.jpg IMG_20200805_142539.jpg

Sdot

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I want to say to R2R I think we should make a specific category for Refugiums/Macro Tanks.

Super excited to be upgrading today! Going from a small (13") hang on back CPR Aqua Fuge to a medium (19") CPR Aqua Fuge 2. Brightwell Aquatics was kind enough to send me some Mangrove Substrat to try out. I ran the previous one with Brightwell Koral Lagoon Substrat but thought it was just a little coarse for my liking. I also have some Miracle Mud I'm going to mix in with it. As well I'm upgrading my little 5 watt grow light to the 9 watt Chaeto Max by Innovative Marine. I'm shooting the whole thing on my GoPro and will edit the video and get it up to my YouTube channel ASAP.

View attachment 1716945 View attachment 1716946
Nice and good luck! I think more people should have seperate fuge systems rather than have a compartment on a sump...makes it so much better imo. Below is a pic of my fuge... i use miracle mud in this system.

1596653046313.png

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and good luck! I think more people should have seperate fuge systems rather than have a compartment on a sump...makes it so much better imo. Below is a pic of my fuge... i use miracle mud in this system.

View attachment 1716966
Yooo my buddies used to call me Sdot! Lol

Dude that's sexy!! Nice! I love having the completely seperate area, it's almost like having a different tank with a totally different environment/habitat.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Sdot

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yooo my buddies used to call me Sdot! Lol

Dude that's sexy!! Nice! I love having the completely seperate area, it's almost like having a different tank with a totally different environment/habitat.
Lol Nice! That means we are family! Yeah i love the separate area for the fuge.... opens the doors to so many options. I personally turn off the flow to the fuge and feed phytoplankton every week...and i can tell you that it does benefit the main display.... i love seeing the anthias pick the pods out of the water column.

Here is the tank at night..kinda ran across this by accident

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Corals.com
Back