Concerning... tank on hardwood floor on second floor

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with a 2nd floor tank on wooden floor?
Aside from the structural concerns that can be addresses what about the impact on hardwood floors?
I am a bit hesitant and would appreciate any input from the community

thank you and happy reefing
Dan
I have got a 6 foot tank on hardwood joists and hoop pine flooring. I reinforced the floor with more joists directly under the feet. Weight would be around the 1 to 1.5 tonnes. Been over a year installed. I get the laser level out every now and then to recheck.
All depends on span, thickness of timber, spacing of joists.

OP
OP
danreef55

danreef55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a contractor coming over tomorrow to look at everything. I am fairly confident that I don't need any further support. Want to get a pro's opinion. Going to have him quote for the access from upstairs to the basement.
My last step will be the electrician. I am fortunate because I have a whole house gen. The circuit panel that handles the gen is full so an additional panel must be added. Will need more outlets by the sump and in my office where the tank will be located. I am hoping this wont cost a bundle

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
250G, first floor but above a 6’ crawl space. I braced underneath with jacks on concrete pads, just because the room is a bit springy.

Sitting on white oak. I’m very careful not to let water run under the stand. I’ll put plastic sheets around it when I do anything crazy.

This is after 5 years in this spot.

IMG_9164.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back